IT'S A GIRL!!




Meet Sophie Anne Hemphill, our new baby girl. She was born January 21 at 4:24 p.m., weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair and blue eyes. We had no idea she was going to come so early, but we were thankful she did! Brandon and I had just talked Sunday afternoon about when we would want to induce, if I didn't go into labor on my own and little did we know that about an hour and a half later we wouldn't have to be making that decision. The contractions started, were very regular and so after putting Christopher to bed, calling a neighbor to come stay with him and our parents to let them know, we headed to the hospital. They admitted us and we tried that night to get some sleep, hoping that when we woke up we'd be holding our little baby soon. Of course that wasn't the case. It was an incredibly long and painful labor, disproving what everyone told me about the second labor being easier. (Don't mean to make anyone who is pregnant nervous, I just had crazy things going against me this time around.) But Brandon, the nurses and my doctor were absolutely amazing and I would not have made it through the day without them. We are doing well and surprisingly not really in any pain (thanks to the drugs they give out every 6 hours) and looking forward to going home tomorrow. Not sure when we'll post another update, but since Brandon has the next 4 weeks off, we might actually give you some updates. Better run, my girl is calling!

4 comments:

Congratulations!!! I am absolutely thrilled for you guys. I cannot wait to meet Sophie. She will be absolutely beautiful- just like her Mom.

10:18 AM  

We cannot wait to meet the sweet little girl! WE ARE SO EXCITED TO HAVE A NIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRL CLOTHES HERE I COME!!!!!!!

2:04 PM  

Hey Brittney,
My sister found your blog and sent me the link. Your babies are precious. I just wanted to say hi. I have a blog too. I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and another boy due in April.
Congratulations!
Christine (Donahoo) Adcock

2:40 PM  

Brittny,
Congratulations! I love the pictures--she is beautiful!
Cindy

10:57 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.