And here are the photos from what we did in July...
We met my parents, sister and sister's kiddos for lunch on the way to the lake for a week (they all came into town for the day) and I got to take all the boys back with me. Christopher loves Jason and was so excited he was riding with us that he had to sit next to him in case Jason needed anything.
Christopher and Sophie decided to ride in the kayak together on the 4th while their cousins were napping. (I feel I need to say that the water is usually not this brown, but since we are having a drought, the water is REALLY low and so it doesn't look as pretty in the more shallow areas.)
They were so proud of themselves for riding it all the way to the pier by themselves. They got out and "tied it up" too. And don't worry, I was walking along the dock ready to jump in if needed.
I love these two so much!! Especially when they get along really well.
Just so you know, it's not officially the 4th of July until my dad puts this shirt on. We gave it to him for Father's Day when we were kids and he has worn it every year for about 20 years now. I love him for it. : )
This little guy was my buddy all week. I adore him.
(I adore all my nieces and nephews, but he and I really bonded this week. I loved it.)
Sophie helped my mom give Jason a bath one night and Sophie thought it was hilarious that she make "piggy tails" with his hair.
The "new" Little Rascals together again.
Ice cream anyone?
My kids have never had this much ice cream, but this is the first time they didn't say "it's too cold!"
Throwing one of MANY paper airplanes that have been made this summer.
Chick-fil-a..... again. : ) We went with "The Khans" after VBS one Friday.
We didn't know it was Cow Appreciation Day. Imagine lunch hour, but twice as bad plus the next closest Chick-fil-a location is being remodeled. But Melissa had made it in with a 5 month old, an adorably crazy 2 year old and "Miss Independent" Sophie to meet me with the rest of the kids so I wasn't about to make her leave.
The kids actually working on their workbooks. Sophie will do these for hours each day. Christopher and I have to fight, he ends up crying, I have to leave the room and THEN he will work on it like it's no big deal. That's why I will never home school.
Sophie made this sign for Christopher one day. I'm not sure he really gets just how much she adores him. But he loved this so much they ran upstairs and taped it to their door.
The kids made me breakfast in bed one morning. Since Christopher can't use the oven or the stove alone, they decided on a PB&J sandwich, cut into a flower, cheesey Pringles and pretzels. Oh and a Diet Coke. I cried it was so sweet. : )
Sophie looking through the window so she can watch the van get a bath.
These two crazy kids crack each other up. Therefore they crack the rest of us up.
Zachary will do anything and everything Sophie does. She thinks that's hilarious.
This handsome man came back from a year in Korea 4 days early just to surprise the kids and I.
I love him so much!!
Christopher has been dying to shave his head like daddy's. Since I wouldn't go that short, Daddy had to do it. But first they had to make this.
And that's it for now. I know July isn't over, but I figure our next journey will be it's own post.
Oh my word I have been waiting for more pics from yall this summer! LOVE getting to catch up on what yall have done. We cannot WAIT to see you!!!!
Caroline Armstrong said...
9:53 PM