Quick trips with grandparents

Right now we have just under 2 weeks before we leave for Guam. I know it's going to fly by, even though some days we just sit at home and I feel bored. I'm trying to enjoy the time to relax because once we move I know it will be a long time before I get bored again. I think. I honestly have no clue what to expect once we get there. I'm getting sidetracked. 

When we got back from Ohio, the kids and I were here for about 1 1/2 weeks and then we loaded up with Brandon's parents and headed to Orange Beach, AL to meet Brandon for a long weekend. We had an amazing friend that let us rent their condo at the last minute and we had a gorgeous view of the water. I only took one photo. I know. I'm even worse than I used to be about taking photos. Now I only use my phone and I've decided that I'd rather spend time with my family than take pics of them. Thankfully Brandon loves to take photos. I just hate downloading them. And I don't have my little camera card downloading thingy to down load the photos with. So here's what you are getting from me:








After our trip to the beach, the mover (only took one guy) also came and packed up everything else in the house, so we are literally living out of suitcases and borrowed stuff now. Honestly, I really kind of enjoy having very little things in the house. I start to feel cramped and overwhelmed when we have too much stuff. The only down side is, there isn't anything left for the kids to play with so they get bored easily. We borrowed a few things from our grandparents to play with, so that definitely has helped.

I found the kids being creative one morning. Christopher told Sophie to stand with the coolest boogie board ever and he was going to draw it.... on a post-it note.


And here's the drawing. Pretty cute! 



 Here's our stuff jammed into the crate. I wasn't sure he was even coming until 8:00 that morning when he called. If I had known I would have been more prepared and vacuum sealed some of the bedding into bags. Oh well.

A week and a half after we got back from the beach,we loaded up again, this time with my parents, to head to Orlando and met Brandon there. Poor guy had spent the last 2 months in the states traveling all over the country for different kinds of training. I don't know how he did it. I would have gone crazy! But he's quite the rock star and hung in there, no matter how frustrating the situation. He was done and after 14 months of being apart he was FINALLY done and we were officially together as a family again. (We were very fortunate in that we were able to see each other for about 8 1/2 weeks totally during that time because most people in our situation only get 2 weeks to visit during 12 months, so I have nothing to complain about.) We had promised the kids that we would take them to Legoland when daddy was back from Korea, but at the time we thought we were moving back to FL so we would have plenty of time to go. Now that we are moving much farther away, we had to cram it into a quick trip. We figured we might as well go to Seaworld while we were down there. This trip I took a few more photos. 

We saw several rainbows on the drive down to Orlando and the next day. They were beautiful!!


We made it!!!!!!!!!

 
Christopher and Brandon went on a ride and Sophie decided to ride this with Grammie. Sophie hated it. She doesn't like any ride that goes faster than turtle and ends up screaming "MAKE IT STOP!!!!" and yells at you for making her ride it.


 She was much happier when she found a pink shield and sword.


 And this cute little station made her SUPER happy! Mom and I thought it would be a great idea for a birthday party. You pick out your wand, ribbons(s) and glittery stickers to put on it. It was about $7 and she really wanted this. I caved and then the wand was lost less than 30 minutes later. It was stuck in my purse, pulled out to show daddy, then I was told she put it back in there, but it was gone.

This driving track was more her speed. She found great pleasure in passing at least 3 little boys and staring each of them down with a smile.

 

Then we found the building where you can make cars and race them or build towers and see if they can handle being shaken by the platform. We could have spend all morning in here. We were all surprised to see that Sophie enjoyed building as much as Christopher. Legos are now added to her Christmas/birthday list.
 







 Sophie pretending she rode on this ride. Christopher however rode it 3 times. If he rode anything once, he rode it at least two more times. I was so proud of him and his daddy was in heaven!!


Miniland. It was amazing and we could have spent the rest of the day here, but it felt like 200 degrees with no shade or clouds or trees to stand under so we didn't. Christopher literally ran from one set to the other. See if you can find him in the picture above. : )


 
Sophie was the best little trooper and rode in the very back. There was only room for her little legs back there, but she never complained.


 This was all I got at Seaworld. Well, and the photo below. This one is for my sister. It's of a beluga whale and I think of her every time I hear about baluga whales because she loved the song Baby Beluga when she was little. They were so cute!!


Since military get in for free, we figured we could splurge and let the kids do the extra things that parks usually offer. (We never let them do this b/c they either chicken out or we think it's ridiculous what people charge to feed/look at/pet an animal.) But they also had a special price on feeding the sea lions, sharks and sting rays this day so we did it. Sophie had no problem picking up dead fish and tossing it in the water. I still won't do it. 


Kind of random, but the kids have recently discovered Full House reruns and they LOVE Michelle. We were trying to entertain the kids at dinner and it was taking FOREVER, so she wanted to write "You got it dude" on my phone. See if you can find it.



Here she is again in the "black hole" of the car on the way home. She traded with Christopher after about 6 hours. I'm so proud of the kids. They have become very good travelers! 

I'm so glad that we were able to take these two trips with both sets of grandparents. I love traveling with other people. Everyone just seems to be happier for some reason, so I don't think I'm alone. I think because you aren't forced to be best friends with your only sibling and have someone else to hang out with when you need a break. Better run, I'm craving some cookies and I just helped Sophie go through about 45 work pages while posting this and my brain is fried! (not b/c the pages were hard but b/c she refuses to do that coloring that takes up actually minutes and wants to only do the tracing that takes seconds. Love her!)

3 comments:

What a fun trip, glad to see some pictures! And of course I like the pic just for me :)

9:11 AM  

Legoland looks amazing! We have never been, but need to check it out when we can. I know what you mean about living out of boxes with minimal toys. it is a pain (we're still doing it 4 months later) but you realize how much junk you have and how much you actually need. It's good perspective.

SO happy Brandon is finally finished and that you guys can have some much much much deserved time together as a family. I just hate that it is in Guam. :-( But I am looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

8:10 AM  

Legoland looks awesome! So fun to see such cute pics!

8:12 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.