


I haven't been on here in a while, Brandon has taken over the updates, but I thought I'd take a little time and add a post myself. Of course I thought I would be able to do this much quicker since both kids were sleeping, but of course the thunder roared and woke one of them up. He seems distracted enough that maybe I can whip something out quickly. Last week we headed off on our first road trip with Sophie. We were going to leave on Tuesday night, but there were bad thunderstorms in our way, so we decided to wait until the next morning, which ended up having snow. (Go figure!) We loaded up the car (again), hooked up Brandon's new portable DVD player with Baby Einstein for Christopher and hit the road. We stopped in Birmingham for lunch and playtime and then tried the car again. Christopher was out within 5 minutes, but 10 minutes later Sophie had had enough and decided that he needed to wake up. So naptime was officially over, but we made it to the lake in one piece. We unloaded the car and let Christopher play for a few hours before heading into town to visit Mimi and Papa John for dinner. We had a great visit and play time before heading back to the lake, again. The next day we played outside and made sure we all had good naps, since the kids decided that we didn't need to sleep the night before, and then loaded up in the car (AGAIN) to head back to Montgomery to visit the Khans for dinner. The big brothers had a blast playing together, as usual, and the babies either cried or slept, but we didn't care b/c we had a set of grandparents there to help out. We thought we'd be heading home earlier, but not sure why b/c we just can't seem to break the boys up when they are playing, it's too much fun to watch! Friday morning Brandon drove down to Eglin to start house hunting and I stayed behind with the kids to play with Grammie and Pop. (I think we had more fun than Brandon did, but it was worth the trip.) On Sunday we went to church and to have lunch with Great and of course, had to drive home during tornado warnings. Thankfully everyone made it home safely and we didn't have any damage. We decided to stay another day to make sure we had things taken care of as far as housing goes. But by then Christopher had been gone long enough and one night he put his shoes on, grabbed his rolling suitcase (filled only with playdough) and opened the front door. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "home" to which all we could do was laugh b/c he was only wearing a pajama top and a diaper. He was very upset when he found out that he had to stay another night. But we finally made it back home and he just stood in front of the house with a grin on his face and dug around the tree (which barely has any dirt left) until it was too dark to see anymore. So the next morning we had all the neighbors come over to play, Christopher was literally shaking with excitement. He loves his friends and I can't blame him. I better run, both kids are awake now. Until next time! (I'll add more pics of the kids when we get more)
0 comments:
Post a Comment