Ok, so everyone always talks about turning the "Big 3-0" and how awful it is. Well, so far it hasn't been too bad. Of course it's only been a day, so I'll let you know later on. The day started off pretty good. Brandon took Christopher to the store to buy some milk and came home with balloons and flowers. Sophie took her first bottle without any problems. (those of you with kids understand what a big deal this can be.) The neighbor kids all came over in the morning to play (which was more for Christopher than myself, but we all enjoyed it!). Then we had lunch and put the little guy down for his nap. Sophie wasn't up for sleeping much the whole day, so we went for a nice little walk. After everyone woke up, we loaded into the car to go bike shopping. Chrisotpher had just as much fun as I did trying out bikes and he helped me pick out just the right one for me. (Thankfully one of our neighbors was driving by as we tried to attach it to the back of the car, with no luck, and we put it in his car to get it home.) We had a member of our Sunday School class bring us dinner, which was delicious by the way, and then we had all the neighbors come back over for cake. I think we had about 15 people over? It was great catching up with them (haven't seen much of anyone since Sophie was born) and have the kids play together again. I hate to admit, the bonus to Sophie not wanting to nap all day was that she slept like a champ that night! Only waking once to eat, it was great! Although we are going to have to work on this nap thing, I can't hold her during every nap. So, overall, it was a great birthday and I have to say, that I don't think being 30 is going to be all that bad! I have an incredible husband, 2 adorable kids and we are about to graduate from school! What more can a woman ask for?

1 comments:

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Brit!!! I am so glad that you had such a great day. If it's any consolation, you don't look at all like you are 30. And just to make me more depressed, you do not look AT ALL like someone who had a baby a few weeks ago. Sigh.... I think I'm going to go eat chips now and sadly wait for my approaching 30
D-Day, where I will definitely look my age and like someone who is still 9 months pregnant, even though it will be in August. :-) I love you.

10:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.