Weekend



Not much happened over the weekend. I take that back, I got a lot done, but nothing exciting. In honor of the Olympics starting Friday night I taught Christopher how to play volleyball. He always wants to hit things in the air so I figured we might as well get him focused on another sport. As soon as he can start playing anything we will have him signed up for sure! If the kid doesn't play sports I don't know what he'll do because he's too young to start working construction any time soon. On Saturday I finally got to organize the kid's closets, a task I have been wanting to do since we moved in over 2 months ago. Sophie is outgrowing clothes so fast that I haven't been able to keep up with the turnover. Plus, it's hard to clean out and clean up anything with a 2 year old who wants to take out and see how far he can throw anything he can get into. Nap time is the ideal time to get anything done, but when the work is in there room there is nothing you can do about it. You say, "Just put the kids in your room," well, that would work for anyone but my kids. It's too exciting to sleep in our room for Christopher and Sophie HAS to sleep in her bed for every nap. Saturday night we went and had dinner at our neighbor's house and the boys hadn't seen each other in over 3 weeks so they were thrilled to be together again. Sunday we went to church, which thankfully is a pleasant experience for us, and then came home to fix ribs Brandon had bought. The kids took very, very short naps and so we didn't get anything done while they were sleeping. Once they woke up I figured I might as well make another mess to get something in order and dumped out the 3 bins of toys that were in the den and let the kids play while I organized them. We are finally down to one box in the den, one in each kid's room and sent more stuff out to the storage shed. Thank you Air Force for putting 2 storage sheds in your homes!!!!

On a more interesting note, Sophie's teeth are finally cutting through and I'm guessing by next weekend they will have both broken completely through the gum line. We are also working on standing up. She will pull up while holding my fingers, but it hasn't crossed her mind yet to pull up on anything around her. I stand her next to the exersaucer and she got really excited until she fell down and then she spun around and started reaching up for what she was just holding onto. Problem was she couldn't figure out how to get there. In time, my dear. Most people don't want to rush their kids into crawling and walking, but I encourage it. When they start weighing over 20 pounds it's time to get around places on their own! She started to scoot forward a little this weekend too and gets frustrated that she isn't getting places fast enough, but she'll get there soon enough. So, it may not have been an exciting weekend, but it was a really good one!

2 comments:

You're such a good Mom. In honor of the Olympics I sit on my behind on the couch and watch other people sweat. Maybe you need to come teach me how to play volleyball.

9:30 PM  

Brittny-
I randomly found your blog and wanted to say Hi! Christopher and Sophie are so cute! I look forward to keeping up with your little family. I hope that residency is going well. Zach is in his 4th year and still trying to decide what he wants to do. Hopefully we can decide soon! I hope all of you are doing well.

10:32 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.