MIA

I feel like I have been MIA a lot on here lately and I'm sorry. To all 23 of you who actually read this blog. (Wait, I'm not sure I even have that many followers!) Anyway, we have been really busy here at the Hemphill house. So busy that we recently had one of those days where you wake up hoping that everyone has a clean pair of underwear and at least two clean socks to wear. Notice I didn't say matching socks. Or clean clothes. I have been known to wear something, see it is dirty, never change and then say, "It happened after we left the house."

What have we been up to? Mostly enjoying the warmer weather we have been having, taking advantage of the week off that Brandon had, me leaving him with the kids for two days and two nights to hang out with my best friend at the beach (he planned it, not me and I adore him for that!), then enjoying the same beach with Brandon and the kids, running back and forth between home/school/activities and honestly, I can't remember what else! Oh, I had a birthday. Enough said. They aren't fun anymore.

We have also decided this past week to start house hunting. I found a steal of a house online that I thought possibly could just need some painting and maybe new carpets and a wooden fence to replace the ghetto chain link one it has (like the one we currently have), but once we entered the house and the real estate agent told us that she has to leave the door open due to the smell, I got worried. One of those "we bought a house, couldn't sell it so we rented it out" cases gone bad. Just think puppies who peed, people who smoked, water leaks in bathrooms and that's just the stuff we know about. Even the agent was ready to get out of there. Yesterday we looked at a house that Brandon found and liked it. Didn't love it, but it would work. Hopefully I will go look at at least 2, maybe 3 more on my own this week.

In other news, Christopher had his first taekwondo belt test today and passed! He now has an orange stripe on his belt and to celebrate we had spaghetti and make him a chocolate cake with orange colored glaze. We wanted to make sure he knew how proud we are of him and that was what he wanted. He's already started talking about doing it again with yellow colored glaze when he tests for the yellow striped belt. I'm so proud of him!

Sophie is still taking dance and is as funny as ever! Yesterday, I ran to Walmart (to get something for MOPS that nobody even touched) and Brandon told me that the class was to work on doing a pleia and Sophie had her heels together doing it, but the girl next to her didn't, so what did Sophie do? Start pointing and telling the teach that "she's not doing it right!" Great. Later she was spinning around (one of her newest favorite things to do) and she got in trouble because she wouldn't stop. She likes being dizzy? Crazy kid!

I guess that's about all. That I can think of now. My eyes are so blurred over because I've been looking for bedding for Sophie's new big bed... that we have not bought, but I like to be prepared for when we do. It's hard to find something I like. It's quite a commitment. Maybe it's because I don't want pastels or something that is mostly pink. She likes blue. Hope to come back soon with photos, but not sure what we even have photos of. Oh yeah, our little trip to the beach. I told you I was tired!

3 comments:

AM likes to spin around until she falls too. GIves me a headache!

8:19 AM  

Don't spend a fortune. I got Lainey's entire ensemble for under $20 when Target put it on sale. Darling!

12:48 PM  

You're sis was telling me about your hubby's big surprise! I'm directing Bert over here now, so he can take note. :)

10:12 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.