Hello all! I hope you are having a good weekend. Ours started out with a leaky toilet leading to a hole in the bathroom wall and a toilet now sitting in the shower and has ended up with us hanging out at the lake. We are having a great time too! So much that we haven't even had time to pull out the camera to take any pics. When we arrived Saturday afternoon we immediately put suits on and jumped in the water. Then we headed to my parent's SS party around the corner. It was great to see their friends and their friends kids who have their own kids now too.
Sunday we went to Church in the Pines and then walked over to an art show for Children's Harbor. When we came home suits were back on and everyone jumped in the water. The kids have been dying to practice their swimming so if water is around, they are in it! After a while we headed across the lake to a friends' house that has a slide and a diving board about 10' up and after about an hour of sliding and watching the bigger kids jumping off the board Christopher decided he wanted to try it. Two jumps with Daddy and then he was doing it on his own! I was so very proud of him! Sophie wanted to stick with the slide and jumping off the dock and I don't blame her. When we made it back home the kids wanted to give the double tube a go. Sophie went first with Daddy, but it was too rough due to all the other boats out there, and for once she doesn't weigh enough, so she was out faster than she was in. Christopher loved it though. (Thanks to an exhausted Daddy who was using every ounce of strength he had to keep the tube inside the wake and from bouncing too much!) We had dinner, rode plasma cars in the driveway and then played on the fort. Finished with a movie and then finally off to bed. And that was day one!
Today we took it a little easier and just swam at home and even practiced without any floats. Had lunch on the patio and as I'm typing Sophie and Brandon are passed out on the couch and Christopher isn't too far behind.
I'm about to read on my Kindle while everyone else is resting. I am LOVING The Help right now and can't seem to put it down. If you read The Hunger Games and loved it, we need to talk because I can't seem to get past the first few chapters because it is so depressing and sad. I don't understand why anyone would want to make a movie about this or why everyone loved the book, so if you did you need to tell me that it gets better!
I just finished catching up on some blogs I haven't read in a while and realized that apparently I'm the only person out there who is not pregnant (specifically with child #3) at the moment. Does anyone else feel this way?
Well, I guess that's enough for now. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend and the weather is beautiful wherever you are. We are getting even closer to the end of our time in residency and soon it's going to be crazy with moving, painting, graduation, vacation and then sending Brandon off. So, if I'm not on here very much this summer, you know why. But keep your posts coming because I'm having fun reading them!! Later!

we missed being with y'all at the lake....and as a side note, I feel like everyone I know is pregnant too!!!! But dont worry lady, I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT!!!! Enjoying the warm weather and cold drinks too much:)
Caroline Armstrong said...
9:17 PM
I LOVED the Hunger Games! My favorite series I've read this year. Just finishing up The Help and looking for some other good summer reads!
Keep reading, it gets exciting!
Ole Miss Mom said...
6:18 PM
The Hunger Games is not my style of reading, but your wacky friend, Lauren, insisted I read it. I actually liked it......definitely an emotional read, but I've gotten through both the 1st and 2nd books and the 3rd is on my list!
Can't wait to see The Help!
starnes family said...
6:55 PM
Brittny, sorry, can't say I fel the same way as you -- i feel VERY pregnant with #3.
Ha.
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
11:28 PM
Well, I am not pregnant with # 3, but I am pregnant with # 2. Haven't even mentioned it on blog yet, but might as well at this point! Hope to catch up with you when you get to town and get to play some.
Erin said...
7:20 PM
What?!?!!? That is awesome Erin!!!!! Congrats!!!! Definitely have to catch up when we get there. Hope you are feeling well!
Brittny said...
9:19 PM