Settled

Well, we are finally settled into our new house. Mostly. There are still boxes that need some unpacking, but the rest of them will just be closed up and line a wall or sit in an empty room for the year. It was such a pain to pack up the last of our stuff that I don't want to unpack it unless we absolutely need it. And if you are like us you don't need about 85% of the stuff you have. You either have it passed down, refuse to throw it away, was a wedding gift that will never be used but can't get rid of, or not really sure how you ended up with it. I think I would live just fine on a desert island if I could have cable and internet with me. And a phone to call someone every now and then. I'd rather email then talk on the phone, but every now and then I like the phone.

We filled up our first week quickly with time spent with our friends, the Khans, and time with both sets of grandparents, with some cousins thrown in along with a birthday party. We made a day trip up to the lake last week and it turned into an overnight. The kids crashed within 8 minutes of the ride back home. Christopher was moved to the couch and Sophie to Christopher's bed. I showered and got ready to go to my in-laws for dinner and we were able to wake Christopher, but not Sophie. She slept in two cars and one bed all in one nap. Poor kid woke up and wondered where Daddy's truck was. We laughed and told her that was an hour and a half ago! Needless to say, the kids have been exhausted and someone has wet the bed every night due to all the fun and exhaustion, but since our life isn't very normal right now I can't seem to get mad at them. Sophie fell asleep last night in the car headed to the BX with Brandon at 6:30, slept in the store, on the couch and I was able to wake her up enough to go potty, change her clothes and put clean sheets back on her bed. This weekend we have another out of town birthday party to attend and more family time. The summer is flying by too fast!

I'll post photos once I download them from my phone. I know, I have a camera, but the phone is much faster and easier! Off to start on the next project! Don't be jealous, it's either laundry or organizing the boxes I still haven't unpacked.

2 comments:

So glad you're settling! Yall would be awesome neighbors. Can't wait to live next to you. :)

3:06 PM  

Casey, I think our girls would get mixed up and we wouldn't even be able to tell which one was ours if we were neighbors. But it would be fun! So far I haven't seen any kids, except one, who are even close to my kids age. May be a blessing. That way I won't have to babysit everyone's kids all the time because my kids love to invite people over.

8:56 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.