We had a busy and fun Thanksgiving this year. My brother and his family came down to my parents' house on the Friday night of the weekend before Thanksgiving and stayed until the next weekend. We went up and spent the night first Friday night and Saturday morning everyone split up, loaded up and either went to the Alabama game in Tuscaloosa or the Auburn Homecoming game in Auburn. It was so much fun!!! My brother's family is a "house divided" and so my dad went with my brother and his youngest to Tuscaloosa and my sister-in-law Caroline and their oldest came to Auburn with Grammie and myself and my kids. We met my sister and her family and headed straight to Tiger Walk. I had never been before and it was so fun! If you aren't familiar with it, that's when they block off part of the road and fans line up on either side giving the football players and coaches high fives as they walk into the stadium. Christopher was being shy and wouldn't do it. I thought Sophie was going to climb over the blockade and start walking with them. She ate it up!!! She had no idea who they were, but wanted a piece of it.

Sophie and Hunter killing time and taking in the view.
See what I mean? The girl wanted to give EVERYONE a high five.
Don't know who this is, but she didn't care.
Christopher and Hunter watching some bigger kids throw the football around in a parking lot.
Then a game of chase broke out.
We headed over to the new basketball arena and found a few of the band members playing. Sophie and Anne Morgan loved watching the girls that dance. There are like 3-4 different groups and we didn't know who they all were, but they girls loved it.
Stopping to play with baby Jason for a little while. I love watching Christopher with little babies. It's so sweet!!
Taking every single bit of the day in...
She wasn't walking with these people, but I thought it was cute how she wanted to be in the middle of everything. They have a little pep rally in the middle of the intersection and we headed down to watch it too.
Christopher still playing with Jason. I think these two will be good buddies one day.
Sophie: "Mommy, I see Aubie!! Go over there!"
Me: "I can't, he in the middle of a pep rally.
Sophie: "But I really want to go see him!"
Me: "He is busy, honey, I can't."
Sophie: "He's right there. Go over there!"
Me: sigh.....
We found the perfect place to sit at the game too. The back row so the kids could "walk around" behind us if needed. We did lots of that too in search of food and bathroom breaks.
That's my little monkey! She will climb up anything and everything. Most of the time leaving her big brother in awe and wondering how in the world she got up there.
We had a great time in Auburn and can't wait to go back for basketball games and gymnastics too. I think I've got both kids convinced to go there for college. Well, at least Sophie. She wants to go now. Christopher will probably never leave home. : ) I'll post the rest of Thanksgiving sometime. Hopefully before new years!
How cute! Love the high fives and allt he Auburn gear. (Although it's, of course, the wrong team)
starnes family said...
10:47 PM