We now have a 6 year old in the house. And I have to admit, it wasn't the hardest age for me to deal with when it comes to my kids' birthdays. I think the years 2, 3 and 4 were the hardest. Maybe because he has hit so many other milestones in the past that this one didn't seem as hard to believe. I'm not sure. We didn't have a party yet because we decided to have a joint birthday party with his best friend, Nicholas, who turns 6 in about 5 weeks. His mom and I talked a while back and realized they would have the same kids come and it would be within weeks of each other and this is the only chance they can ever have a party together, so it is set for some time at the end of the month. Unofficially.
It was kind of a laid back weekend, mostly because it was the start of his spring break (whew!). We made plans to go to the lake and on Saturday we took Grammie (Pop was in Nashville and we didn't think she needed to be alone) and we headed to Birmingham to go to the McWane Center to play. We went back in December and LOVED it! This visit wasn't quite as "huge" as it was the first time because they are between exhibits and I think they had pulled out all the stops back in December and are gearing up for their Spring Break Camp in a week or so. But it was actually kind of nice because it wasn't crowded, at first, and the kids could take their time with whatever they wanted and not have to really wait their turn. After lunch it really picked up. It was birthday party central! They were coming and going and you couldn't tell which ones were which. Four hours was our max and so we headed out. After a stop at Dairy Queen for a treat we finally made it back to the lake.
I've started sewing again (took a break to work on a quilt) and made this skirt I found on Pinterest. I actually made two of them because I had to fold the fabric to cut it and ended up cutting two strips. Thankfully my niece is about the same size and I could give it to her. It's super easy and I have to say, this is the most well made thing I've ever sewn. I'm not trying to brag, but most things don't turn out this great. This is the second thing I have sewn recently. This went MUCH better than the other, which is probably why I feel the way I do about it.
Sophie finally got to meet Lucas. She was so excited to hold him. I promise he wasn't mad, she actually gave him a kiss right after this and he smiled. It's so fun to see my little clingy child so excited to hold babies. She had me wondering for a while because she did not like to share me. Not that she has any more competition on the way.
This is a nightgown I made for Sophie. She has outgrown all the other ones and I figured sure I could make one that would be cheaper than the "nice" ones at the store. Not that there's anything wrong with the
















Happy Birf-day to your big boy!
Sophie cracks me UP!
And I love your sewing projects. I say you keep the quilt for grandbabies. :) Miss you on facebook. Come back!
Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...
11:56 PM
Wow..can't believe you have a 6 year old. And I had Cricket!! Sissy had Corky, Cricket's brother. He still sits at my Meme's house in a highchair and we call him a redheaded Cope! The kids are precious.
Margaret said...
9:41 PM