Tonight was Christopher's Christmas program for preschool. It was adorable! The 4 year old classes each dressed up and took turns singing a song. Then all the 3 year olds came out, sang a song and then they were joined by the 4 year olds for two more. I was so proud of Christopher for actually doing the motions and singing along. He's pretty shy so I wasn't sure how he'd do. I think being in costume helped. Here are the photos:
(Cute little horse making his funny face he always makes when he's happy to see you, but too shy--or cool-- to acknowledge he sees you.)
(If you zoom in you will see that the safety pin holding his tail on is actually open. When they tried to get him to sit down after they were done singing he couldn't because it kept poking him. Poor kid!)
And what you may ask was little Miss Sophie doing during all of this? Playing with her Daddy's hat of course!
And then she had to walk up to the stage to watch each group that came in to perform.
With hands in her pockets. (She dressed herself and had a short sleeve plaid shirt over this one, but it didn't match. She insisted on tucking her shirt in too. Love it!) A couple times I thought she was going to walk right up on the steps with the kids and join them. I can only imagine what she's going to be like when it's her turn!
I love that horse costume!!! Fabulous!
Do you remember our Kindergarten Christmas program? I just remember I was so mad because Erin got to be Mary and I was the cow. Figures.
Lauren W said...
10:00 PM
Hold the phone.
1. What branch is your husband in? This might be a problem.
2. Sophie's walk with her hands in her pockets? So casual.
3. When I saw your post on my "dashboard", I immediately thought of A Christmas Story (the kid in the bunny costume?).
starnes family said...
11:16 PM
How cute! Can't wait until Jack is old enough;)
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
7:40 AM
Lauren - I totally remember this!! I just got to wear one of those white bibs with a massive red bow, so at least you got to be part of the story!
Casey - he's in the Air Force. I think the closest we could get to you in Vandenburg near Santa Barbara. His costume isn't far off!
Brittny said...
7:48 AM
How precious is he?! Little horsey! Love it.
And love that you let her dress herself...I have a hard time with that ;)
SASS said...
10:30 AM
Fun times. I love their Christmas Programs. Glad he participated. And Sophie is precious as always.
The Khans said...
10:35 AM
Sass, I have a VERY, VERY hard time with it too! I wish you could have seen her a few years ago when she insisted on wearing an Auburn football uniform with pink princess socks and her white church shoes. I died, but then I laughed because I always said I wanted a kid that loved wearing costumes, etc. on days it wasn't Halloween. Be careful what you wish for! But I love it! Everyone knows who Sophie is and she's not even 3 yet. : )
Brittny said...
11:11 AM
I just look at Sophie and smile. She is so full of life - love it! And the horse costume...., precious, and I am insanely jealous if you made that yourself.
Erin said...
9:49 PM
heavens no!!! the costumes belong to the church.
Brittny said...
4:26 PM
I love them. And I cannot wait to see all of you next week!
The Howell's said...
4:41 PM