Today is a good day...

We've been really busy here and that's why I'm not posting as much as I used to. That and I haven't taken very many photos lately. And I figure most people check here to see the kids, not listen to me ramble. But here's a little of what we've been up to lately...

LOTS of these have been built. Not sure why they came out of the playroom and into the living room, but they've been here for most of the week and then put away for company that came over and suddenly they were back out again. But I love seeing the tracks that Christopher comes up with. The boy loves to figure things out. Doesn't matter what it is, he wants to hold it and play with it and see how it works. I'm seeing a lot of things in my future that will be taken apart all so he can figure out how it works, hopefully nothing of value.


Does anyone else just love seeing their kids smiling face after everyone has had a good night's sleep? We had a very rough week of sleeping at our house this week, so last night was a welcome change. This cutie pie came walking into my room with a big smile on her face this morning. Found my iPhone on the nightstand and plopped down on the floor to start look at the photos. That's all she cares about.  


 Sophie and I went to a birthday party Saturday at lunch time, only to get a text that our Christmas tree had been put up. The boys just couldn't wait any longer. Christopher has been asking to play with the train that goes under it since Halloween and so he was about to burst when we got home so he could show it to me. It's all he wants to do now. (That and play with my iPhone.) This morning before church we had to get the train back on the track so it would be ok while we were gone. Then he had to take a train catalog (from the "train man") to church with him to show his teacher all the different trains you can buy. When we got home, all I could get him to do was change his pants and he ran and grabbed trucks to play with the train with. I had to control the train while his truck dodged it.



Finally, I have some funnies that my little man said after church today. First, I had a meeting after church to go to and they had lunch provided for the kids and I. It was sandwiches for me, but I had no idea what the kids were going to eat. When we got in the car I asked them. They just kept saying a sandwich and chips. I asked again, "What kind of sandwich?" and Christopher said, "It was a salad sandwich and chips. But I didn't like the salad sandwich." I'm curious what in the world he's talking about so I keep asking. I finally learn it was a ham sandwich with lettuce and tomato. I just laughed when I finally figured out what kind of "salad" goes on a sandwich.

Next, I was telling the kids how nice they looked for church today. I told Sophie she looked pretty in her new dress and told Christopher he looked sharp in his new shirt. I told him he was very handsome. He looked at me all funny and said, "Mom, how can I look sharp when there's not any sharp things on me?" Good point, but I still laughed!
Last, once we were finally home, he was trying to get me to play the train/truck with him but I wanted to change first and it was taking me a while due to normal distractions. When I finally got back in the living room he looks at me, obviously upset and says, "Mom! I've got a loose caboose! I need you to fix it!"

(Tonight he built a double oval track, I told him he did a great job and that he's become really good at building tracks by himself. He said, "Yeah, and I'm using my skills! I mean, I'm using my brain. It's really good!" I love it!)

I'm glad we are having such a good day. The weather is perfectly crisp out, it's sunny, the kids are happy, the house is clean and the only thing that would make it better is if Brandon was home. Poor guy has to work today, on his birthday! I love you so much Brandon and could not have asked for a better husband, father, best friend! I know that God chose you for me because He has proven it over and over and over again! I look forward to celebrating many, many, many, many more birthdays with you!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.