Sophie's turn


Sophie's loves to sing along to whatever song is on the radio, the iPhone or in her head. Right now, her favorite is "Away in the Aine-jure" and I finally got her to sing it on video. She's so cute I just can't handle it sometimes. Other times I just can't handle her. Right after this video she spent the next 30 seconds yelling, "No!! Don't touch!!" to Christopher because he felt the need to touch every single ornament on the tree at the alterations place we were at. The woman who owns the place and an older lady customer (who tried to give them candy canes when we left and I yelled "NO!" before she even got the words out) where just going on about how cute she was and how well she can talk for her age. If they only knew... (this story line goes backwards, so just hang with me)

I was there with kids in tow because Brandon called (while I was dying at the post office, story to come) to say they should be ready and since I was right down the street I told him I could do it.  The day before she told him they would be done by 3:00 because, "I'm superwoman! I do it faaast!!" I got there and the names weren't sewn on yet. I was told, "Don't go! I do it faast! Take 10 seconds! You wait!" I told her I'd come back, but I got the same answer and I just wanted to say, "Ok, but if my kids destroy your store it's not my fault."

See, we had just left the post office and I was about 0.5 seconds from packing them up and mailing them to who cares where because they were "being baaaaaaaaaad!!!!!" (as Sophie says) and rolling all over the floor and knocking their heads into the desk and being just plain ridiculous. But what do you expect when they have been eating cake and candy canes for the last hour?

Fast forward to now, we just went outside to give Brick a chance to chase the tennis ball for a while and my sweet, young, innocent neighbor waved and said, "I have some food for your kids from the birthday party you couldn't come to last Saturday!" I'm thinking, what in the world kind of food would she still have to give my kids? She comes out with two bags FULL of more candy. People, we still have Halloween sitting on top of our fridge! We missed her son's 1st birthday party because my kids actually took a nap and well, we've only met them 2, maybe 3 times, and when I saw about 5 cars pull up for the party I didn't feel quite so bad about not going. I think it's going to go straight in the trash because if you could only see how hard Sophie is crashing right now you would come and throw it away for me. If you are now lost, I apologize. My head hurts too.

So, to everyone who knows us, please, I'm begging, please do NOT give us any candy. Ever. If you do, I will only give it back.

5 comments:

Sweet video. Don't you love how some people do not get "just a second" really needs to be just a second when you have kids in tow?

6:29 PM  

Love them, again! And I'll be sure to bring tons of candy with me next week. Just kidding! ha!

6:32 PM  

I seriously want to hang out with that girl! She's hilarious!! And would fit right in with my crew! Seriously, we need to meet up someday.
Sorry you had such a bad day. I've quit taking anyone with me. Ever. If Bert can't keep the kids, then he has to find time to run my errands. Or, I dump them at a friends house, and promise to keep her kids soon. It's the only way I'll leave the house. Sad, huh?

9:14 PM  

NO, IT'S NOT SAD!!!!!! I only have two, but for some reason they can't seem to figure out how to act in a store. You would think I never took them in stores because they run around and do flips and act totally insane when I do. It annoys me to no end! My niece on the other hand acts like she's 45 when she goes in a store and you feel like you are shopping with your best friend and not a child. This is the sole reason I have my kids in mom's day out, so I can run errands without yelling at them and they don't have to get yelled at for misbehaving in places they never wanted to go to begin with. That and I just need a break from the sweet little monsters sometimes.

7:07 AM  

Hopped over here from your comment on Amanda's blog. She is so stinking cute!

1:10 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.