Busy busy busy....

Like everyone else we have been super busy since school started. I'm still trying to adjust to Christopher being gone most of the day. It has also been amazing that he gets to carpool with his best friend in the morning. I can't even tell you how thankful I am that our best friend Burt has offered to take him to school every morning. I'm not sure if he really wanted to or if he was just being nice, but it truly made Christopher's transition to kindergarten, a new school, new people SO much easier! (but I think he enjoys it b/c Christopher and Nicholas are quite hilarious when they get together.) He is really enjoying school and is a typical boy in that his favorite subject is recess. He has made lots of friends and the shyness didn't last nearly as long as I thought it would.

Sophie is doing great at her new school as well. I have never had any problems dropping my kids off at school because they hated running errands and I saw it as a chance for them to make new friends and for me to get things done without screaming children along. But Sophie has really become quite the shopping buddy. Her first day I just stood at the window watching her as she stood in the middle of the room taking it all in. It was the first time I ever had to choke down tears. She is my baby girl and I was going to miss having someone to hang out with.

We have also started soccer, gymnastics and choir. Christopher is LOVING LOVING LOVING soccer and I'm so proud of how well he is doing. God is so awesome because when he signed him up we asked if he and his friend could be on the same team, but they can't do that. I was ok with that because I wouldn't want the job of matching everyone up in a crowd of 400+ kids either. I began praying that he would be ok with not knowing anyone on his team and still want to play and would enjoy it. And wouldn't you know, they are on the same team! And to top it off, Burt is the coach! All I could do was laugh when I heard the news. I have tons of photos and video from Christopher's first soccer game, but somehow my camera went missing and I'm very upset b/c I still haven't downloaded any of the photos yet. I'm praying it turns up soon.

Sophie started gymnastics and wants to go every day. She LOVES LOVES LOVES it and asks all the time if her brother can come watch her. We even had to bring one of our Rapunzel dolls so she could watch Sophie do her stuff. She would yell at me from across the gym to turn Rapunzel around so she could see her better. If you have been around her for 30 minutes you will quickly learn that she loves to sing too, so when we learned that she was old enough for choir at church we jumped on board. We were the first ones there the night it started and she can't wait to tell everyone about the songs that she sang while she was there. Or in Sunday School. Or at school. Or that she felt like making up in the car.

I apologize for not updating this very much and that I don't really have any photos to show you. I promise, as soon as I find the camera I will work on it! For now, here's some random ones:

We went to the lake for labor day. We only made it out on the water once. Christopher is obsessed with tubing. He also learned how to knee board. I actually have photos of him doing both, just need to put them on here.


Sophie says she doesn't like the "fast boat" but i think she really does. Look at that? She's having fun, right?



Grabbing a snack after our first game, he scored a couple goals and kept asking when he could go back in.



After the game we went to the zoo with some friends. It was so fun to see them again and we can't wait to go back to the zoo too!



Sophie before a bike ride one morning. And yes, that's her brother's bike. And yes, she's wearing a purse. She wore it almost the whole time.



Sophie has decided that she needs to wash her face in the morning and put her contacts in just like mommy. It's so cute!

2 comments:

You're weren't kidding! Busy is right.

Sophie washing her face in the morning? Seriously.......could she and Lainey be twins?

11:04 PM  

Okay, that tube is beyond adorable - it might make me reconsider my entire perspective on tubing!

3:47 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.