Photoless update (sorry!)

I have great news! I finally found my camera! But I still can't find the tiny little thingy that helps me download the photos. That's why I haven't posted anything lately. (And why I put tiny little thingys into big ziploc baggies. Harder to lose a baggie than a little bitty plugin thingy!) Who wants to read anything I write if there are no pictures to look at? Hopefully there will be soon.

Not much else has happened around here. We are still busy. So busy in fact that the kids are exhausted. And I feel like we aren't even as busy as most families. But I've tried to stay "un-busy" for as long as we could b/c I didn't want to exhaust my kids of sports/activities/events too early in life. They are only 3 and 5 years old after all. The newness and excitement of life had worn off and they are plain pooped out! (We've missed choir the last two weeks b/c they are so exhausted.) So now we go to bed even earlier. Lights out, door shut, parent gone at 7:30. And this is from people who about a year ago were making them stay up until 8:30 so they would sleep past 6:00 in the morning! It's working really well though. Some nights Sophie will pass out in the middle of a book and then sleep for 12 hours. Christopher is still trying to convince me that he can stay up until midnight. I just keep telling him to go for it and let me know how that works out for him.

Here's a little news on me, if anyone cares, I have found a great Sunday School class to go to at our old/new church. I went one Sunday and was hooked. I went to girls night out a week or so ago and it was so fun to get to know them a little more. It was so encouraging to talk to one of them in particular about something we've always felt called to do, but I was starting to question. I love how God brings people into your life just when you need them. He ALWAYS seems to do that! (One of the many things I love about Him.)

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all my time though. Sophie and I got in a groove when Christopher started school, then she started and it's taken me longer to figure out how best to use my days. But she isn't gone as long as he is, so it's much harder to figure things like this out. Should I go run, shower, eat lunch, then it's time to pick her up? OR should I run as many errands as I can alone? OR should I clean the house and do laundry? OR should I say, "I deserve a day of rest" and do nothing? It's tough. I'm much better at cleaning and organizing if I have someone over. Not sure why, but it's more fun to do those things when you have someone to talk to. They don't have to help, just take my mind off what I'm doing.

I have one thing to ask though before I go, and I really hope that my friend doesn't mind me saying this on here, (I don't want to go into too much detail b/c it's not my family), but a dear friend of mine just found out over the weekend that her older sister has cancer. She was like a big sister to me too and I looked up to her and adored her as if she really was. She is only 35 and has 2 small children. They have no idea if it has spread, but are hopeful that because it was actually found early, thanks to a different problem she was dealing with, that it has not. I know that God is with this family, but I also know the fear that the word "cancer" can bring to a family, so I want to ask all of you to be praying for them.

I can barely keep my eyes open so I guess I better go to bed now. Hopefully the next time I'm back I will have tons of photos of all that we've been doing. Until then, goodnight!

3 comments:

You should just pick up a simple card reader from Walmart or Office Depot. You can get a multi-card reader for around $10-20 bucks usually and is actually much better for downloading your photos than plugging your camera into the computer. Many of them are super small and fit in your laptop bag. http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=card+reader&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

:) Lori

9:14 AM  

That's what I had. Problem is it's so small I lost it! Why do things have to be so tiny and convenient????

11:42 AM  

Of course you found your camera, but not the little thingy that connects it. Of course! I love you. So funny.

I, too, find that the routine thing is hard when I have so many kids on different schedules. Every day is different.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and her sister. I'll be praying. I know all too well how difficult that can be.

12:46 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.