Happy 4th Birthday, Sophie!!!

I can't believe that I'm posting about Sophie's birthday so late, but I guess I've been a little busy. We actually flew home from Hawaii on her birthday and then it took a week just to recover from our trip and then another week to get adjusted to life after our trip and so there's my excuse. Plus I didn't know if the photos were automatically downloaded or not. (Updated my iphone lately and found out that it sends my pics to my computer through the air! You have no idea how much easier that has made my life!) Since I still haven't had time to find the battery charger for my camera my phone is all I have.

I have to be honest, I wasn't planning on having a party for Sophie, only because I knew we wouldn't be in town and, this is really sad, I wasn't sure who we would invite, other than the grandparents and our friends, the Khans. (When you move to a town for just a year you don't really expect to make a gazillion friends, not to be negative, but you barely want to unpack much less put down serious roots.) So, I figured we'd just get together with my family after our trip since we'd just spent over a week with my inlaws and celebrated in Hawaii.

Well, before Christmas, my awesome friend Melissa approached me about doing a little party for her son Joshua and Sophie together. They are best buddies, only 2 1/2 weeks apart and in mom's day out together so they have made some of the same friends. I realized THIS I could do! So we brainstormed for a little while and decided that since J & S love to "craft" so much we should have a painting party. We both love to keep things simple (one of the 4,835 reasons we are friends) and so we had pizza, made cupcakes and bought some paint and little 8x10 canvases and invited several of the little people over. Somehow the party was set to be at their house, probably b/c I didn't volunteer mine, but then again I was in packing and unpacking mode right up until the party and she knows the kids and moms better than I do anyway. (See, Burt! I didn't volunteer your house, I just didn't volunteer mine.)

The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS that day!!! And since the Khans have the awesomest back yard ever, we had to practically drag the party goers inside to paint, again for food and we pretty much gave up on opening presents, until Joshua decided he didn't care and went for it anyway. Everyone had a wonderful time and I am so glad that she suggested we do this. Now, on to the few pics I have:


 Sophie and her sweet little friend Avery Jean painting away. They are adorable together! I love that she has little girls for friends b/c for almost 3 years it was just boys!


The rest of the gang painting away. They were all so serious and there was not a single mess made. We were expecting it to be a little chaotic, but they were all so focused on what they were doing.


The two older knuckle heads painting outside. Now these two are hilarious together! We pray for their teacher all the time. She needs it. Whew! They are the bestest friends. Their birthdays are coming up soon. Hard to believe they are going to be 6. Seems like we were all dating and getting married last year. Focus! Sorry...


I made a little "smash" size cake for the birthday kids. Can you guess what their favorite things are? I love that the whole family was involved in decorating Joshua's. I was not alone in making Sophie's, she made sure I did what she said. Including add a mouth to Hello Kitty the next morning. It still wasn't good enough. She wanted a big mouth with lots of teeth. Her picture she drew looked more like Jaws from a James Bond movie. Or maybe more like those whales that have all those "lines" for teeth to catch things like fish or whatever is floating by. I didn't want to scare anyone, so I made a line and told Sophie there wasn't any room for anything other than that.


Yeah, this is only half the backyard. And that back fence is farther back than you think. 
The awesomest back yard E.V.E.R! (No dog poop either b/c no dog!)


Eating pizza and making silly faces. Sophie's are usually more scary than silly.
Joshua picked out their balloons. He is so sweet! I love that kid!


Sophie enjoying the attention and making sure Joshua is too. 
Yeah, not liking it as much are you lil' man? 
It's ok, Sophie enjoys it enough for everyone!



And the birthday song. Can you tell we rehearsed? I'm expecting my phone to ring from recording contracts and not from the insane number of telemarketers that are still calling even though I'm on the "no call" list. 

Happy birthday to our wonderful, hilarious, spunky, adorable, strong, daring, awesome little girl!!! 
We love you more each year!!!!

4 comments:

Happy Birthday, crazy girl!

Your back yard looks fantastic. Huge!

12:14 AM  

Oh, it's not my backyard. Ours looks like crap! We cut down a ton of branches and the kids won't let me take them to the street b/c it's their "bonfire" like we had at my parents. At Christmas.

8:00 AM  

I'm proud of you for getting this up. As you can tell I am still on December stuff trying to catch up before the little guy arrives. Praying that happens soon. And I love that we think on the same wavelength too among other things. It is been a great year so far. I will be sad when you leave for sure.

11:41 AM  

CUTE! I love that crazy little girl!

9:04 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.