It's been a while since I've posted anything and it seems to get harder and harder to find time to post, but I figure if I at least start one I can just add to it when I have time and eventually a new post will be born. I feel like I could fill this with a lot of nothing or a lot of thoughts going on in my head and the latter could get boring, so I will stick with photos of the kids. Since that's what people really care about seeing anyway. (Sophie is already trying to cut fabric into a ghost, so you now see how far I made it on my first attempt!)
Ok, I'm back. Now both kids are home, so we will see how far I get this time. I'll just start adding photos because I realized I have a TON to show you. Here goes!
Christopher has become quite the artist! I think he finishes his work early and then they are allowed to draw and so we have about 2-4 pictures come home a day. I love it all, but this is one of his latest obsessions. Ever since we flew on a plane to go to Hawaii he is all about planes. Delta ones. Notice the red on the tail? Yup, the boys loves him some planes!
He also celebrated his 100th Day of School. Apparently this is a new thing. Everyone did this from what I hear. Why didn't we? I think we would have loved to have known that we were 100 days in too.
You can't tell from this photo (because they are all from my iphone), but Sophie is wearing a Belle dress that would have fit her better 2 years ago. If she stands still it's fine. But she doesn't like doing that so I think everyone saw her panties that day. We have since bought bloomers to wear with our dresses. Real dresses and pretend.
My friend Melissa and I take turns picking up the monkeys of the bunch from school. This allows us an extra hour without paying for it. I'm not sure where I had taken them that day, but I had to shove them in a grocery cart to grab something at the last minute.
Sophie and I went on base a couple weeks ago to get her shot form updated and found out she needed 4 shots. We went to the BX to pick up a little prize afterwards and then passed through the lemon lot when we were done and we found this little cutie! I told Sophie to stand like this and then I sent Brandon a picture that said, "Can I have this, pretty please???"
And of course I found something for me too. : )
We always forget that Home Depot has their kids workshop at the first of the month, but thankfully a friend reminded me. Sophie wore her new apron that my sister made her for her birthday and she was super excited! Christopher was his usual cool calm, "I got this, Mom" self.
I forced them to take a photo of their certificate and boxes when they were done and their faces are priceless! Christopher is totally mortified and Sophie is bursting with pride and ready to show everyone what she did. I love them.
If the weather is nice, we love to meet at a local park with the grandparents and the kids ride their bikes while we walk. I LOVE this park! Brandon and I hung out here a lot with our friends when we were dating and would have picnics and go rollerblading or even see a play. It brings back the best memories.
The day before our last visit it rained. A lot. There were puddles everywhere and Sophie decided to ride her bike through one. She got stuck. You can barely see in the first photo the mud flying out from behind her back tire. Here is Christopher trying to help her get out. They were m-u-d-d-y when they finally got her loose. But they loved it.
See how nasty her pink shoes are?
I'm totally digging Christopher's soccer socks here. I adore that boy and he really has no clue how crazy I am about him. After they got out of the puddle we became very distracted with the grown men that were flying little remote control places. Another man was trying to fly himself? He had this massive blown up parachute thingy and I know he was just trying to find a place to figure out how to use it, but we couldn't really figure out what it was supposed to do either. Oh well! It was all entertaining.
This is random, but I bought one of the fajita meals in a box (never get those, but they were BOGO) and when I opened the tortillas this is what I pulled out. Seriously???? It is smaller than my kitchen scissors and barely covers the middle of my SALAD plate! Yeah, I went out and bought something the next day that would actually hold the items that were supposed to go inside.
Sophie decided it would be fun to help my blow my hair dry one morning. Not sure how well my hair ended up looking (probably not any different than if I did it myself), but my eyes were definitely drier. Once I got her to quit looking at herself (she likes to do that) and listen, it was kind of nice to have both hands free to work on my hair.
A couple weekends ago we had friends spend the night. I don't have any photos from the night before, but there is always so much fun had when these kids get together. Even the littlest one was there for a couple hours before Mommy came to take him home. I had promised them we'd go get doughnuts for breakfast on Saturday and when I went upstairs to get ready the house got scary quiet. I went downstairs and this is what I found. They were so glued to Cat In The Hat you could have knocked one of them over and I don't think they would have even realized it. Hilarious! Only time they are this quiet is once they finally fall asleep.
Can't have Krispy Kreme without a cool hat!
Playing together back at home. They were all having so much fun that we kept them there until after lunch. I didn't care, I knew I'd have to come up with some way to entertain my kids (and deal with their whining) once their friends left, so why would I do that?)
They finally broke off into pairs. The big kids played Legos...
And the younger ones colored.
What else would they do?
Remember how I told you that Christopher is crazy about airplanes now? He found this on the back of one of his Lego booklets and he has decided that he is going to do whatever he has to do to earn enough money to buy it. He is eager to do chores and help me in any way he can so that he can save up his money. I am so proud of him! And if anyone goes and buys this for him I will wring their necks. I want him to work for this and earn it. We are going on 2 weeks now and he is still determined he can do it. Plus it's helping out at school because they are learning how to count money and it makes it more fun at home to have a goal and not realize you are doing homework.
Random photo of the kids riding the golf cart on the way to church. They looked SO nice that morning! That never happens. Someone always pitches a fit and I end up caving b/c I struggle with picking a fight to the death before going to church, ruining my attitude and whatever God planned on teaching me there. And yes, Sophie has straight hair. Only way I could get her to brush her hair and put a bow in it. I figure if your dress is ironed and your are wearing tights and actually match, your hair better be fixed too!
And this is how we typically look on a daily basis. Mismatched, out of season and a little sideways. But that's what I love about her.
They were both working on their valentines. It was so cute!! I adore these kids.
Another random photo. Just another morning of coloring.
I went on my first field trip with Christopher's class recently. They had been studying about Italy and one of the girls' families owns a pizza place so they invited the classes to come and learn how to make pizza and then they got to make their own. It was so fun and yummy too!
We had some boxes lying around and Christopher decided he and Sophie needed to make them into a
Chessie train. So, they found a ribbon, cut it into strips, glued them to the boxes to connect them. Then they found some old envelopes and glued them across the top so they would have a cover for shade. It was precious! I love when they work together. Fills my heart with such joy.
Another night the little rascals were spending the night at their friends' house and I picked them up from school and took them over there. When sitting at a red light I told them to smile for me. Didn't work. Christopher said, "Ok everyone, funny faces!!" This is what I got. Such joy. My van may have been rocking side to side from all the giggling and silliness, but it just means we are having more fun than the cars that are sitting there with fights going on. Cause that NEVER happens to us!

This my friend is the latest obsession of Sophie's... my old Snow White costume. My mom made it for me when I was about 8 years old. We had a dance recital at the mall on Halloween and this was what I wanted to be. To be honest, I'm not sure how I came up with it. Princesses were not anywhere near the craze they are now. And I don't know too many 8 year old girls, now, that want to dress up like a princess, so my mom decided to give the dress a quick fix and shorten it so it could be enjoyed now. She has worn it for about 4 of the last 7 days, only because it took me three days to wash it.
Practicing our spelling words. He is getting much better about doing his homework. We have our moments, but they are getting better. I think because it's all starting to click and he's putting it together and realizing we aren't crazy after all.
Look! here it is again! Today she started out in this (after going through all the other ones to find it, explains the mess on the floor), then went to Rapunzel, then to a fairy, then back to Rapunzel. I adore her!
And finally, this is her favorite place to sit and her favorite way to sit in this chair. Love that kid.
Hope you have a great weekend! We plan on relaxing a little and taking advantage of the sunshine (even if it's going to be colder) and putting the desire to do chores to good use. : )
Great pictures! Love the part about your eyes being dry and the expression on Sophie's face when she is drying your hair.
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
10:26 PM
This post cracked me up! Your commentary is hysterical :)
Erin said...
12:00 AM
Oh my word. i haven't been reading blogs in SO long! I just read all about Hawaii, Sophie's birthday, and I love this random post. i have missed so much. But after reading through the whole thing, I only have one comment- I really don't believe those shoes were ever pink.
Lauren W said...
11:27 PM