A day at the beach








Aunt Jenny and Uncle Trey were down at the beach last week and on Monday Trey and Brandon played golf while Jennifer hung out at the house with the kids and I. It was so nice to get to visit with them. Brandon started work on Wednesday, so Thursday morning I loaded the kids up in the van and we headed to where they were staying in Destin to spend the day at the beach playing. We had a blast! Christopher laughed so hard when in the water he could barely stand up and Sophie quickly learned how to nap and relax on the beach. Eventually, Christopher was tired of the ocean and wanted to go up to the pool, so Uncle Trey was happy to take him swimming. (Christopher is doing really well learning how to swim. Brandon and the guys worked with him the week we spent at the lake and he can now doggy paddle with his life jacket on and it makes Brandon and I very proud!) After lunch on the beach, swimming in the pool and digging in the sand, we decided it was time to try taking naps, so we headed upstairs. Sophie went down, no problem. Christopher on the other hand, was too excited to sleep. He wandered around a little and I sat out on the patio with Jennifer and Trey visiting. After a few minutes we turn around and see he's climbed up on the couch and his eyelids are dropping quickly. I go and get a pillow for him and he wakes up enough to see it, turns sideways and crashes. It was cute! I actually fell asleep myself for a little while on the patio and it was so nice! When I woke up I realized we'd have to leave soon because Brandon was going to be home before us and so I started to gather our things, woke up the kids and loaded up the van to head home. It was the best day we'd had in a long time! We've had more since then, but it was definitely needed after the craziness our lives have been over the last month.

3 comments:

What a wonderful day! I love the second picture of Sophie with her sunglasses up and legs crossed - she looks like a swimsuit model! (A modest, sweet, cute swimsuit model, of course.)

9:38 AM  

Glad things are going better for you guys. Looks like the beach was a lot of fun. Can't wait to come down and join you all there. If we are lucky the gas prices will go done, ha!

2:08 PM  

Hey! Hope things are continuing to go well...I'm sure you're so busy, but hope that you are meeting lots of fun people, and are getting settled. :) Love the beach photos!! I finally decided to do a blog myself...so with all your free time (ha!!), you should take a peek! Love you & talk to you soon.

10:48 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.