Ok, so the last few days have been GREAT! By that I don't mean easy, but I finally feel like I'm making a dent in turning our house into a home and ignoring the kids a little less in the process. On Tuesday, my new best friend, Kara (who you will be hearing a lot about in the next few years), helped me paint the kitchen red and yes, we got it right the first try! I've always wanted a red kitchen and now I have it. (The trick is finding something that is the shade of red you want- mine was my everyday china- and going with it. Just guessing isn't worth it! Been there done that!) It just needs some little valances and it will be done. I'm very excited! Yesterday we went shopping. Well, I shopped, she pushed the kids in the stroller, and I was finally able to purchase some of the items that I have had to forget about because one or both of the kids were crying and I just had to leave. I couldn't have done it without her!
Next is my little cheap project for the porch. The afternoon sun lights it up like crazy and I wanted some kind of curtain to to block it out. I found some green, yellow and white striped table cloths on serious clearance at Target, bought some ring clips, hung up some wire and, as Christopher says, "Ta da!!!" it is done! Felt like I was on Design on a Dime.
Last, but definitely not least, Sophie ate rice cereal today and liked it!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! Christopher never took it. She also held her own bottle. I feel like I'm finally doing something right. She just woke up, so I better run. Until next time!

Sounds like you are getting a lot done. More than I have after being in our house a year :-) Glad you and Kara are getting along so well and that Sophie liked the cereal. Joshua has been eating it for about two weeks now, loves it, and today I tried carrots. He did okay with it, but didn't like it as much as the cereal. Can't believe they are already at this stage. Anyway, hopefully we can catch up soon on the phone or in person at the beach :-) I want to hear all about the going ons....
The Khans said...
9:23 PM