Meet "Nanny"

About a week ago, Sophie started talking about someone named "Nanny." It hasn't stopped. The other day in the van she started to sing about her (she loves to make up songs and it's always funny when she does) and then told me that I just ran over Nanny, but she was ok. The next day she said that Nanny was in the big black truck next to us and was going somewhere else. Tonight she started talking about her again so Brandon and I decided to find out more about this Nanny character. Here's what we learned:

(Setting: Sophie on one side of the table with her arms crossed and we are sitting across from her.)

Us - "What color hair does Nanny have?"
Sophie - "Lellow hair."

Us - "Is it curly or straight?
Sophie - "Straight. No, wait, curly."

Us - "Does she look like you?"
Sophie - "Yeah, but she's smaller than me."

Us - "How old is Nanny?"
Sophie - "Um, she's two. And then she's going to be three. And after that she's going to be four."

Us - "Where did you meet Nanny?"
Sophie - "Um, at a house."

Us - "Where does she live?"
Sophie - "She lives in a house around the corner. She had to go home. But she will come back because she likes us."

Us - "What does Nanny like to do? What does she like to play with?"
Sophie - "Um, babies. Some big babies, some small babies, some good babies, some bad babies."

Us - "What does she have to do to the bad babies?"
Sophie - "She puts them in time out."

Us - "What bad things to they do?"
Sophie - "Um, they say bad words." (We've been working on Christopher not using "bad" words.)

Us - "What else do they go to time out for?"
Sophie - "They don't listen."

Us - "Do you always listen to Mommy?"
Sophie - "Yes."

Us - "Really? You always listen to Mommy?"
Sophie - "Yup."

Us - "Alright."

5 comments:

This is SO funny to me..Simms has this character she talks about named GooGoo..excpet he seems kinda "odd" to me.At the beach we passed the crosswalk sign, the man is all black, no face, kinda creepy, and Simms starts shouting, "that is GooGoo" and she had just told me a week ago he was all black with no face...Hmmmm....wonder if I should be worried???Very odd but funny at the same time. At least Sophie's friend seems sweet!

8:48 PM  

Can't wait to hear more about Nanny! Love that girl, Sophie :)

8:59 PM  

I can't wait to hang out with y'all!
Sophie makes me laugh so much, and christopher sounds like such a sweet heart. We're going to have so much fun together!
J had an invisible friend for a while. Then, his friend "Creek" kept survivng these crazy traumatic situations, yet his mother would die. Over and over again. "Creek's momma fell out of a tree and went splat on the sidewalk and died. But Creek is okay." It was quite disturbing after a while! Then, last summer Creek vanished from our lives and I cried. I should have written all of those stories down because now I've forgotten most of them. Sigh.

8:59 PM  

I hope she brings Nanny to the lake in June!!!!!

11:34 AM  

So far Nanny doesn't go anywhere with us anymore. Probably because I ran over her one time.

3:26 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.