I apologize for not posting here lately. It has been the busiest summer I have ever had, and I'm pretty sure that means EVER. Like, I wasn't even this busy when I was a kid. But I don't mind. I like being busy. Between moving (three separate trips) from there to here, Brandon graduating, hanging with friends, going to the lake, trip to Nashville and a new baby, we now have less than two weeks before school starts and I'm wondering what I was thinking back in the spring when I wondered what in the world we were going to do from May to August!
Moving on. I called my sis-in-law several months ago to see if the kids and I could come and visit for a week this summer and she jumped at the chance. We have not been to visit them in Nashville in at least 3 years, so we were very excited to go see our cousins. Again, I didn't have my camera, because I couldn't find it after the move, and so all I have are photos from my phone. We had a fabulous time and I think it was the fastest 5 days any of us have ever experienced. (And considering how fast the last couple months have gone, they flew by!) We arrived on Monday afternoon and the kids couldn't decide if they wanted to swim or play with their cousins' toys first. We did both. My brother was so sweet and made an effort to come home from work earlier so we could see him too. (His hours are as ridiculous as Brandon's, which is probably why Caroline loved the idea of company... another adult to talk to and kids to entertain your own. That's why I like it!)
On Tuesday we decided to go to see a train display and Christopher was in little boy heaven! Poor Sophie on the other hand was in toddler hell. It was as hot as that outside and with only about 7 hours of sleep the night before she lost it about 8 minutes after we arrived and didn't stop for about 30 or 40 minutes. We were all sweating, but had taken the time to pack lunches and it was beautiful outside and hated to leave 10 minutes after we got there. (too many numbers thrown at you?) We found a creek, took our shoes off and stuck our feet in to cool off. It seemed to do the trick. Along with a snack. Then we walked around to find the "lions" and the "castle' that were there. We walked back down to where the trains were, found a shady spot by a huge sprinkler (that I made Sophie run through) and had lunch. Of course she had to wet her pants and may or may not have finished up in the flower bed under a tree and then may or may not have walked back to the car with only a t-shirt, flip flops and a bare bottom. We spent the rest of the day playing inside or in the pool.
On Wednesday, we got a sitter and Caroline and I took Sophie with us to get pedicures. She was adorable and sat perfectly still. And if perfect Sophie fashion she told the woman working on her hands and feet exactly what she needed to do. Let's just say I got a few looks from the woman. After a trip to Target for more pool floats we picked up lunch and went home to check on the boys. Rest of the afternoon was spent in the pool. Two of Caroline's friends came over with their kids to swim and it was so nice to meet them. Sophie and Drake were passed out by 5:00 and I had to wake her up at 6:30 to eat, go potty and then put her to bed at 7:30.
We loaded up Friday morning and hit the road around 10:30. Sophie was asleep before 11:00 and Christopher was out by 11:20. He woke up after an hour and Sophie slept for 3 hours! They were exhausted, but it was totally worth it! We have had the most fun summer and I'm a little sad to see it coming to an end.







Glad to see some pictures from the trip! Can't wait to spend more time with y'all. I just wish we could have been in Nashville too! :)
The Howell's said...
4:21 PM
I'm so sorry we missed you. Would have loved to have met you and your crazy family!
starnes family said...
11:57 PM
I am so glad yall came and cannot wait till you come back!
Caroline Armstrong said...
4:36 PM