This past Sunday night, Christopher went to spend the night with Grammie and Pop. We have talked about the kids getting to do this now that we live closer, but we haven't had the time yet. On Friday, Christopher heard that Grammie was going to be in town and hang out with Sophie while he and I went to shop for school supplies and he took it upon himself to go and pack a bag so he could go home with her. We all met for lunch and he asked if he could go spend the night with her, but it really wasn't the best day. She had just spent the week watching my niece while her little brother was born and I wanted to make sure Grammie had some time to rest and catch up on her own life. We talked and decided that Sunday would be a great day. His bag was still sitting by the door ready to go.

We often meet my parents after church for lunch and so we did that again this weekend. He didn't want to stop and eat, he wanted to go straight to the lake. We convinced him otherwise and even though he didn't eat anything, we survived a meal out. He went to the back of the van, got his bag, went and got his booster seat and pretty much said, "See ya later!" and off they went. He had the most incredible time and it was exactly what he needed. Our lives have been so crazy these last several months that he seriously needed some one on one time with someone. He and Pop headed straight to the shop and built a wooden logging truck. He LOVES to work in the shop and has made more trucks out of wood than I ever thought possible. They also pulled out Pop's old train and put that together, went fishing, played marbles and I can't even remember everything else he did. He was in heaven! (Sophie and I had a great afternoon together too, she had the chance to go with her brother, but really wanted some Mommy time.)

Grammie and I decided to meet in Auburn on Monday and we could visit my sister, Anne Morgan and new baby Jason and I could pick up Christopher there. My sister wrote a great post and got great photos of the day and so you can see it here. It's way better than what I would add, especially since it has photos! Hope you are enjoying the rest of your summer. Our is coming to an end very quickly and I can't believe that Christopher starts kindergarten on Monday! I'm really nervous for him. I think the fact he is so shy and I end being concerned overshadows any feelings of sadness that he is growing up too fast. A week ago we realized that he has TWO loose teeth! It's too much too fast.

Now I'm off to watch a movie with the two cute kids that have been driving me crazy while typing this and won't leave me alone until I come and join them.

2 comments:

Hope you enjoyed your movie!

Cheater posts are totally fine in my book.

10:09 PM  

They are going to have to be b/c I am that lame and don't have it that together this year.

7:51 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.