We have been dying to get back to the beach all year and my in-laws couldn't wait to go themselves, so we decided to go together. It was fabulous!! I always thought I was a lake person and not a beach person, but after living in Florida for three years, I don't mind the sand one little bit. I hate to say that I only have photos from my phone because though I packed my camera, I never even pulled it out. Sorry to those who love great pics, you will never see them on here. In case you haven't noticed, you are lucky to even get a post from me! (All 8 of you who read this.)
We loaded up and left on a Friday afternoon. The plan? To get to Lulu's in time for dinner. If you have never been to Lulu's I want to tell you that you are seriously missing out on the greatest restaurant of all time. They have the BEST friend shrimp you will ever put in your mouth and an entire acre (yes, it is an acre) of sand right next to the tables for the kids to play in while you wait and/or eat. Our waitress said they actually had a groups come in and complain because they didn't have paper and crayons for the kids to color with. She said she just turned around and looked at the massive pile of sand, buckets and shovels everywhere, and turned around and looked at them speechless. You want a meal AND adult conversation, but can't find a sitter? Go here. And let go of the fact your child will be covered in sand when you leave. Sorry, they have live music too, but that's mostly in the evening. We ate way too much friend food, the kids barely ate, and then we headed to buy groceries and then off to the condo. It was 10:00 when we finally went to bed.
The next morning we couldn't wait to head to the beach. We loaded up, packed our lunches and hung out for a couple hours. It was really windy and the waves were pretty rough, not to mention the tide that would pull you out there in a heartbeat, so after we had lunch (and the adults were exhausted) we headed back to the pool. Our condo was on the bottom floor, right by the pool. It was awesome!!!
I love how it looks like Sophie is standing on the water in this photo. Total luck that I caught that. She was just jumping in the pool.
Morning wrestling match for the kids. They thought that the couch could pull out into a bed was awesome. They hated every time I put it back.
After a couple days of sun, we decided to head into town and go to the outlets and eat at Lambert's. The kids and I had never been and wanted to see what the "throwed rolls" were all about. Can I just say that we could have just made a meal out of those rolls? And the kids pretty much did. They had fun climbing on all the wooden trucks and trains out front too.
Me and my boy. He never likes to take pictures, so this was rare.
Silly faces!!!
One happy momma. : )
Sophie loving her pinkalicious ice cream.
Christopher in haled his cookies and cream. He said he was going back in to get more, but didn't realize he would have to pay for it.
Pic with the Mimi and Papa John in front of the yummiest ice cream shop!
Morning chats on the patio.
What to do first....
Sophie showing off her new Crocs that change colors in the sun. She spent half a day running back and forth from the sun and the shade watching them change colors.
Chrisotpher checking out all the seashells they (Papa John) found that day.
Exhausted after another day in the sun.
We bought a bike rack for the truck because we wanted to bring our bikes since there were plenty of places to take them. We rod down to Fort Morgan, which I never knew there was actually anything to look at because I'd never been that far. It was really cool! I wish I'd had a better camera (not that I would have known what I was doing!) because it was a photographer's paradise! So may cool old brick buildings.
Our little monkey climbing on one of the cannons.
Papa John and Christopher making Mimi and I extremely nervous!
Sophie checking out one of the rooms.
We ended up staying an extra day because we were not ready to go home. But we'd had enough sun, so we headed back into town and checked out the state park. It was really nice!
And of course when to Lulu's again. (hehe!!) Christopher's hated wearing this hat because it was too small, but I made him b/c I didn't bring sunscreen. Then we discovered that Lulu's has a little bucket of sunscreen for all to use that is hanging on a post near the sand. Seriously people, greatest restaurant ever!
That night I went to take a shower and when I came out I found Sophie passed out on the couch. It wasn't quite 7:00 yet. Perfect sign that we were all done.
Headed home again!
Thank you Mimi and Papa John for letting us tag along!! We love you so much and are so glad that we got to spend a week with you!!!
I loved all your pics! I never ever have great photos bc I have NO camera..yes you read that right! Beautiful pics of you with your kids!!
Margaret said...
6:07 PM
I hear you Margaret! I have a little camera, but it's the size of my phone, so I just use my phone instead of having to keep up with both. I leave the pretty stuff the other moms who don't come close to whacking their kids in the head with an awesome camera hanging on their shoulder. Cause I almost did numerous times and gave up.
Brittny said...
9:12 PM