Week at the lake

So, we get back from the beach on a Friday afternoon and we unload everything from the truck and set it all in the room right inside the door. Nothing goes past that room. Why? Because we were going to load it all up in the van the next morning and head to the lake for a week! Saturday morning the kids had their last soccer game of the season. (already posted about that, whew!) We didn't have single thing in the house to eat, so we got dressed, went to Publix and bought doughnuts and milk. I know, terrible breakfast before a game, but we weren't going to stay home and I didn't care. We got to the lake and my sister was already there with her kids for the weekend. My kids LOVE their cousins. ALL their cousins. They shriek when they find out they get to see any of them. I love that. Considering the fact they have never lived in the same town as any of them, I love that they love their cousins so much.

Sophie always wears one of the amazing princess costumes that my mom has made for the girls. She got Anne Morgan to join in. They even said the fort that is out in the trees was a castle for Sophie. (Anne Morgan adores Sophie. She will do just about anything Sophie does, but she knows how to put her foot down. And it's quite hilarious when that happens!)


Sweet baby Jason!!! Grammie bought this car for the babies to ride in so they wouldn't have to sit there and watch the big kids ride or run around. Let's just say he spent half the weekend in this with Christopher happily pushing him around.

 
 Sophie cracks me up in these photos. Her expressions are priceless. Probably what I looked like when she was a baby, but she's much prettier. She found the rest of us outside so she had to bring baby, kitchen and everything that comes with both of those out there too.


How Christopher usually looks when I take his picture. Overjoyed.


 Yup, she's got this down good!


 Christopher helped Grammie dig some holes to plant the flowers she had bought.


One of the many, many worms they found while digging.

 
 Christopher and Sophie were fighting over who was going to pick up the worms. There were MORE than enough to go around. Mom and I just kept shaking our heads. We never did anything with the worms, except waste one of Grammie's containers by putting them in it.


Probably what Sophie looked like when she was a baby. Minus the headband. Man, I was tired back then! Why am I still talking about that? Someone get her momma! She looks neglected!


Doing a little finger painting before jumping in the lake. And Sophie's bathing suit cracks me up. When she was a baby I couldn't buy bathing suits at Target because they would go past her chubby little knees. Now look how baggy they are on her! 


 Christopher got his summer 'do.


 Christopher and Pop heading out on a fishing trip together. I love these two. (And mom, sorry for showing the boat like this, but I just had to put them in here.) They had a great day together, full of all kinds of adventures. They think so much alike. It's fun to watch them work together.


The kids were getting crazy one morning and Grammie had to work on some stuff so I took them on a nature hike. I gave each of them a bag and had a list I'd seen giving kids ideas of things to find. They love it.


 Still hiking...


My pretty little girl. Her brother is off yelling, "Hey mom! Look at this huge weed!!"

Sorry that I had even less photos from this week. It was kind of a crazy week. Christopher and I had to go into town to meet people at the house for some repairs and then a dear friend past away (post about her below). So that's why it's all a little random and choppy. Off to get some house stuff done, but I'll be back later with more posts.

1 comments:

Christopher is getting so tall! I swear, your kids have grown so much since I started reading your blog. So cute!

10:25 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.