Creative morning

This morning started out with me finding the kids turning the coffee maker on. I heard them come out of their room. I waited for them to come get me. (It's my favorite time of the day, as long as it's not before 6:30 in the morning.) They never came. I heard them go to the bathroom. They never came. I heard them playing. They never came. I finally got up b/c I knew the longer that I waited with silence as my background, the more they were going to probably be in trouble. I walked into the kitchen and there they were on the step stool turning the coffee maker on. I asked them what they were doing and they said they were making coffee for Daddy. It was very sweet! Now I need to tell you that they are probably the only 2 and 4 year olds that actually do know how to make coffee. They got a new filter and put the grinds in there without hardly spilling a single one. The only thing they forgot was the water. That's Brandon's part so they didn't know about adding the other most important part. (Honey, all you need to add is water in the morning and you will be good to go!)

As soon as they finally understood that Daddy wasn't home they decided they wanted to paint. This is one of the hard parts of being a mom for me. Making messes inside. (And if you saw my house you would think I was a liar b/c it's always messy.) I also don't like that paint is usually wasted. I would prefer they use every single drop that I give them, even if it's one big dark purple blob. But this morning I decided to let them paint. And it was fun, with very little mess. Other than Sophie having to go wash her hands about 5 times while painting because she kept getting paint all over them, and she wasn't finger painting. Here are the little artists at work:

Christopher painted a dump truck with a bumper and an exhaust pipe (the dark line) and a handle to open the door. Right now he prefers his suns to be green and/or blue. He included an rather large orange flower as well as a road with a dotted line included. (He's been asking a lot of questions about the white and yellow lines on the road and what they mean.)

He painted a blue line across the very top for the sky, but I tried to explain and show him that the sky can be the whole background to his picture. He really wanted white clouds so he went back to add those later.

Sophie wanted to paint flowers. She usually only wants pink, purple and white paint. Imagine that?

Her painting pretty much always becomes one color. And soaked in paint. She was upset when we stopped, but I was afraid the paper would tear and then we would have a huge mess on our hands. That did not go over well with her. But it had so much paint I have no idea how the tape was holding it up.

We have our second basketball game in the morning. Yesterday in practice they played a little practice game and Christopher actually got in there and played. I was very proud of him. We showed Daddy an example of what he learned when he finally got home. Fingers crossed tomorrow will go better than last week. Hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

cute cute cute! I mailed their goodies this morning!

12:57 PM  

oh, they will be so excited!!!!!! (i am too!

1:29 PM  

What a fun morning! Christopher is quite an artist.

2:28 PM  

You're such a good mom for doing things like this.....I'm working on it from my end!

10:24 PM  

ps - I look forward to your comments. You are so freaking funny!

10:24 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.