Round 2

This morning we had our second attempt at our yard sale. I will just say that it was a gazillion times better than last weekends! I cannot thank Joia enough for letting us come crash her driveway and let us hang out for about 5-7 hours this morning. Brandon also wins the husband of the year award for the hours and the time that he put into this sale. I feel like I had the easy part by getting the items together and pricing them. (I owe you that chocolate blast blizzard honey!)

I think the combination of the rest of the town deciding to have a yard sale and the gorgeous, and eventually toasty, weather also helped a little too. I'm not sure when the first customer arrived, but the kids and I showed up with doughnuts at 7:45 and it was a steady stream of people until about 11:00. We were starting to pack things up when more people showed up and we finally said our goodbyes at 12:30. We sent half of our leftover "goodies" down the hill to Goodwill, or "Big Will" as Christopher calls it, and the other half came back home.

The best news is that we how have much less stuff in our house AND we have enough to buy a deep freezer and a vacuum. Not sure that we will actually buy both, but just knowing we could is pretty fun! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

4 comments:

Woohoo! Good times! =)

9:45 PM  

Brittny, this is awesome!!!!!!

10:19 PM  

we couldn't have done it without joia, that's for sure!!!!

12:51 PM  

Congrats on the big success! Sounds like good plans with the money, too. You're so domestic!

10:11 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.