I'm going to try to make this quick (yeah, right!) because I have more laundry waiting for me. I have done 8 loads this weekend and that's not counting the week's laundry too. Not sure why we had so much, but we did. Anyway, our weekend did not start out as we had thought. Christopher started throwing up Friday afternoon and did until he went to bed about 8:00 that night. Brandon had a patient go into labor around 4:00 Friday afternoon and didn't get home until about 8:30 Saturday morning. She didn't deliver until 6:00 Saturday morning, so he was fried.
Christopher was supposed to play in his last basketball game Saturday morning, but well, he missed it. He was feeling better (woke up at 2:30 in the morning wanting water and to watch a movie), but I wasn't convinced yet. I sent Brandon to bed, loaded the kids in the van with the money they received as Halloween treats from family and took them to the BX to buy a toy. Then we headed to Target. Sophie lost her toy between the outside of the store and the carts at the entrance and I was so mad I told her too bad and threw the kids in the cart and off we went. Christopher was starting to look a little tired so I grabbed only 2 of the things we went to buy and grabbed a movie at the checkout counter. It was only $10 and I refuse to pay more than that for a movie, so I threw it in the cart. I had a feeling I was going to need it later that day.
We head out the door and off go the alarms. I turn around and head to the help section and the lady tells me not to worry about it and to go on. Suddenly the kids yell, "There's Sophie's toy!!" and I look up and there is a little Sleeping Beauty with only her top on. That's her toy alright, so we grab it and head out the door. Again.
We stop at AC Moore to buy some ribbon to finish Christopher's costume, which I'm just praying we actually get to use and head back home for lunch. We eat, put Sophie in bed with Brandon and Christopher and I lie on the couch to watch our new movie. Brandon gets up and sends me to bed (I only got a few hours b/c I couldn't go back to sleep after Christopher woke up), where I crash for 2 hours. (We had a really crazy week and it hit all of us.) We wake up and I finish Chrisotpher's costume and we decide to pass on our original plan for the evening and head to Baytowne Wharf instead. It was a good decision. Christopher's costume breaks before we get in so it rides on the stroller the rest of the evening. We trick or treat, eat pizza, watch fireworks and get to bed too late.
Sunday we head to church, get there late. Come home eat lunch, late. Put Sophie down for a nap, I finally fold all the laundry that has built up in one corner of the house and then we fix Christopher's costume and head to a friend's house to have some fun treats and then do the candy thing. We come home and crash and the kids slept until 7:30 this morning. It was great!
NOW, on to the costumes......
We lost the truck about halfway through trick or treating. It was starting to hurt his neck. I don't blame him. Then he got tired of the hat. So eventually he just became a boy getting candy from strangers.



Great costumes! I have done laundray all day today too! I've lost count and am not done yet. Sounds like you had a loaded weekend.
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
3:23 PM
LOVE the costumes! Homemade ones are by far the best. And Sophie is quite a little cutie! Can't wait to see yall next week. Oh, and I've been doing laundry ALL. DAY. LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Howell's said...
4:57 PM
Laundry is a stay at home mom's worse nemisis (well everyone's I suppose). It is never ending. You can't even see our little couch.
The Khans said...
5:48 PM
AWESOME costumes. You totally win this year!
starnes family said...
5:55 PM
Sophie IS the cutest Minnie Mouse ever and I am sooo impressed with Christopher's costume! Thanks for coming over today! =)
Joia said...
8:43 PM
Your children rock. Plain and Simple. Bennett would have attacked Sophie if she had seen her as Minnie Mouse. Why aren't we trick or treating together? why aren't we living next door to each other? This just isn't right.
Lauren W said...
10:24 PM