Sophie and shopping

Can I tell you just how funny Sophie is please? She is hilarious! Yes, she can drive us crazy sometimes and I am going to lose my hearing early thanks to the volume that she chooses to speak at, but I adore her. Sometimes it's really hard to get mad at her when she does something wrong b/c she is so funny! I tend to put the little funny things the kids do on Facebook b/c it's quick and easy, but I want to make sure I put them on here too so I have a record of it.

Let's start with Saturday night. We were at Baytowne Wharf and the kids were trick or treating at all the shops, but every time Christopher or his friend Landon would stop she would stick her arm out, move her hand back and forth and yell, "Keep going! Keep going! Don't stop! Keep going!" I was rolling b/c I was the only one who heard her. This is the first year that she got Halloween.

Next is Sunday night. We were trick or treating with the same family and after every... single... house she come running from the door yelling, "Me got so much candy in my bucket!!!" Every. Single. House. All the adults were laughing by now. She definitely has a sweet tooth and trying to contain it is tough.

Fast forward a little to Tuesday morning. Christopher goes to preschool and when I don't have MOPS, Sophie and I get to have a girls day together. Every morning the kids ask me where we are going that day and when I told her Target she started to squeal, jump up and down and shout "Can me get those monkey jommies?" (we were there Saturday and she picked a bunny pair over the monkey ones) and before I could say, "We'll see," she starts yelling, "Me be good. Me stay with you. Me not run away. Me no need to ride in the cart. Me be good. Then can me get monkey jommies?" Then she proceeded to go get herself dressed (not matching), fix herself breakfast, get her baby ready (who now goes EVERYWHERE with us), get the baby's bed and put it in the car and then continue to tell me to hurry so that we could go to Target. As soon as we drop Christopher off, we plop baby in his booster seat, throw on a seat belt and off we go. She was really good and waited patiently while I tried on one thing after another, something I never do because I hate trying stuff on, but I was determined to find skinny jeans and leggings with something to go with it. Then we finally made it to the monkey "jommies" and what did she pick? A pair without monkeys on it. Oh well!

I think I'm going to have to start wearing Depends because after having these two I have zero bladder control and they make me laugh (and want to pull out my hair) all the time!

Well, today I had to go to Destin because I was slam out of makeup and well, I look like I'm 14 again with the way I've been breaking out, so I had to go and it's my only day without children. Also, when I go to Destin without children (the only way I prefer to go if I'm the only adult) I have to stay until it's time to pick the kids up. Not good because it's all shopping. BUT, I did really well last month on saving money AND I've made some money from thirty-one, so I figured I could do a little bit of this. I hit up Forever 21 first. (Thankfully Brandon doesn't mind because he's excited about my new pants too.) I wandered and wandered and wandered forever. Tried on one thing after another and bought myself some things to go with my new pants and I'm very excited. It was POURING too, so it kind of took the fun out of spending the day at an outdoor mall, but I still enjoyed my quiet time.

Then I went to Gymboree. Does anyone else think that Gymboree thinks highly of themselves? I know lots of people that shop there, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I was going to get her another pair of socks like I bought (out of desperation) back at Easter, but forgot that I paid $10 for 2 pair. I must have REALLY been desperate because I wanted to throw them at the lady that worked there. But I did find some leggings to go with a top I bought Sophie months ago and thought I could find the leggings that match everywhere, but apparently everyone else in town wanted them too. I just need to swap the blue button on the top, but I probably won't. She never really stops moving long enough for to see if she really matches. They are also a little long, but you can't open them to see how big they are. Better than too small I say!



I also found her a Halloween costume for next year. I am very proud and hope that she wears it when the time comes. It was only $8.99 and I was not going to pass it up. It is made MUCH better than the cheap-o ones they sell in the stores everywhere else.


Not that you care about my shopping today, but I haven't done this in a while so it was fun. I actually had an hour to kill when I was done. I thought I'd walk around more and browse, but the pouring down rain sort of killed that plan. I went to pick up the kids and they had fun at school. I'm so glad that I have the chance to send them somewhere they love going to and know that they are taken care of in a loving, Christian environment. We are up there 4-5 days a week and will miss it when we move. Speaking of, we have to put in our official list of places we'd like to go next week!!! Yikes!!!!! We are hoping that we can finalize it Friday night when we get a date night. Which reminds me, I need to make sure our friends know that we are taking them up on their offer! Better get on that...

3 comments:

Don't like Gymboree. Or Depends.

But I do love you and your funny girl.

10:19 PM  

That costume is too cute. Sophie cracks me up too. Glad you were able to have some alone time. I want some of that. Have to figure out how to get Zachary to take a bottle first.

10:53 PM  

Sophie is funny. That little girl is a nut! Which means I adore her.

12:14 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.