Our long weekend

The kids and I did not have school or Bible study last Thursday due to Veteren's Day, but Brandon had to work and he was going to be on call on Saturday, so we decided to go out of town. I dropped them off at school Wednesday morning and then rushed home, packed the bags, ran to get my haircut, rushed home, loaded the car, picked up the kids and were there by dinner time. It was great! (Except for Christopher complaining the last hour about not being able to sit anymore because he just HAD to be there already. Why do they think that complaining will make things happen? Trust me, I wish it would!)


Sophie found all the old baby dolls and had to climb in the crib to put them to bed that night. I really wish that everyone could experience Sophie taking care of her baby dolls. It is the funniest thing you will EVER see!!!


Pop had a book about making wooden toys that he had pulled out before we got there that night. Christopher found it and the next morning he was up and asking to go build something at 6:15 in the morning. The kid LOVES to build stuff! I told him he had to get dressed and wait for Pop to wake up first. He then asked if he could go get dressed while I go wake up Pop. I told him to wait. Later I found him curled up on the couch carefully studying all the trucks that the book shows you how to make. Once Pop woke up he wanted to go. I then told him that everyone had to wake up, get dressed and eat breakfast before going into the shop to work. He immediately sat down next to Pop and asked for Cheerios (I never get specifics when it comes to breakfast) and he plopped the book in front of him and kept reading while they ate. Then he ran to get his apron on (this has to come with us every time we visit because he knows he'll be in the shop) and off the two went. This photo captures just how excited he gets about building things in the shop with his Pop. I love it!


Sophie had to put her apron on (my sister bought one for each grandchild and put "Pop's Shop" on them) and then helped Grammie vacuum. She has on the new Fancy Nancy zebra ballet shoes. She is really getting into dress up now too. I see a baby doll and dress up filled Christmas in our future.



Aunt Jenny and Anne Morgan came over for the day and we loved getting to see them. AM LOVES horses and went straight to the one that my parents have at their house. It was ours when we were kids and the protective caps have broken and fallen off and the springs are exposed (nobody cared about that stuff back then) so they have "beautifully" covered everything potentially dangerous with fabric and duct tape. (I mention that just in case anyone out there freaks out over this kind of stuff.)


 Sophie decided she wanted to ride too...



 Anne Morgan thinks otherwise...


 And they fight over who is going to hold on. They both put up a good fight. Don't remember who won.


Next thing we know, Pop and Christopher come back inside with a crane in hand. I seriously have no idea how they built this as fast as they did. My dad said it's much faster to build a truck from scratch when someone has the plans written out for you, than when a 4 year old walks up and asks you, "can you build a firetruck and a flatbed for me please?"

Brick cut his paw Friday morning pretty bad, but Doctor Pop took care of him. We wrapped him up real tight and let him stay inside that morning. Pop and Christopher hung out at the house while Sophie, Grammie and I went into town to do a little bit of shopping for the kids.


This is pretty much what the photos look like of the kids on this day. They would not stay still and ran and ran and ran and rode the plasma cars all over the driveway. It was great!

Later the went to the sand pile and played a little...

 Then helped Pop dig some holes...


stopped for a quick drink...


 helped Pop dig some more holes...


and one more hole...


then finally took our baths and ran laps around the house in our new shoes.


The next day we worked on a pipe we found that was busted,


 played with the shovels,


 helped Grammie mix her dirt for the new plants,


 took pictures with our tree that Grammie and Pop planted when we were born 
(they planted a new tree for each grandchild)




 tried to help Pop figure out why they lawn mower quit working,


 went on a hike in the woods,


watered the plants that were moved,


went for a swing with our new "lick loss" that Grammie bought us,


and played on the sand pile again.

And that was all on Saturday. The weather was absolutely perfect and Sophie took a really good nap. Christopher could have used one, but well, we all know how that goes! We watched Auburn beat Georgia, Grammie finished up some dresses for Sophie, I learned how to make one and then we had supper, baths and went to bed. Sunday we went to church, lunch with Great and then to visit the train room of someone that my dad knows. But that was so huge it deserves a post of it's own and I don't have any more patience left to do that right now. The kids are tired of me being on here too, so I'll have to come back later!!

2 comments:

It looks like you forgot to mention that Christopher got a haircut! :) So glad we got to see you. Love you!

5:46 PM  

Yall have been busy!

Love the new shoes.

And, Sophie's just now vaccuming? That's lame. We have Lainey scrubbing toilets. Get with the program. It can't be considered "child labor" if there is a sticker chart involved.

I'm 90% sure about that previously mentioned fact. Don't quote me on it.

4:26 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.