When we moved here 2 1/2 years ago I met my sweet neighbor across the street. They had a big sign out front announcing a new baby and I was so excited for them. (Who doesn't love that?) I soon learned that they had adopted him (long story, but beautiful story) because they were unable to have children of their own. They had tried for years and years with no success and decided that adoption was a path they should take.
They have felt so incredibly blessed that they wanted to do something to help others in their same situation. So they decided to start a ministry for couples who are unable to have children of their own, meet the needs financially that adoption requires. It is called Because of Isaac, named after their adopted son, Isaac. It costs around $25,000 to adopt a newborn baby. They are asking that anyone who can help financially to pray first and then give whatever you feel you can give. Just a few dollars can make a huge difference in helping a couple expand their family.
Please click on the link in this post, or on the right side of the page and read more about this ministry and also to share it with others. I promise you will be blessed!! : )

What an amazing mission. For them to reach out and help others after being able to afford it themselves is so awesome.
starnes family said...
10:45 PM
Brittny, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!!!! What a friend you are. I truly wish I had gotten to spend even more years across the street from you. You are such a kindred soul to me.
Funny story: the one thing I remember is meeting you when I was jogging. Isaac was about 7 days old. You saw the sign. I said I lived at the house with the sign. You said, "YOU just had a baby?" I obviously had not had any pregnancy weight and was out jogging so you said, "YOU are a rock star!!!"
LOL -- I then informed you that I "cheated" and skipped all the pregnancy stuff by adopting. he he he he! Thanks again BH!
Can't wait to see where you are going to live next year!
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
1:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally forgot about that!!!!!! I was a little jealous because my baby was 5 1/2 months old and I still looked like she was 7 days old! We may not be neighbors again, but we'll always be friends and that I can deal with. I was so blessed to meet you and so thankful God brought us together!!
Brittny said...
3:53 PM