Sophie's first dance class

Where the kids go to mom's day out/preschool I have 30 minutes between dropping and picking up the two kids and so Sophie and I tend to spend that 30 minutes hanging out around the church. We wandered over to the CLC one day and I was looking at all the information they have on the classes they offer. I found one for a dance class. The brochure had a really young girl on the cover so I picked it up and learned that you could start at 3 years of age. I think I started jumping up and down, probably squealed a little too, and told Sophie that she could start taking dance after Christmas and she was so excited that we started jumping up and down together. Then she grabbed a brochure and began chewing on it. (I don't know, she's like a dog, chews on everything.)

So, for Christmas Santa gave her two pale pink leotards and some ballet slippers, that I forgot to pack so she didn't get until we got home. We couldn't wait to start. The first Monday of the month we weren't feeling great so I never called to sign up. But this week we made it. (Found out they didn't have it last week anyway, so yeah!) She was a little hesitant at first and I think she whined the whole way there. I had to wake her up from a 2 hour nap, which she never takes, so that didn't help either. But once we got inside and she saw another little girl and how excited her big brother was for her (probably because it wasn't him having to try something new), she started to get excited. We went to change into our dance clothes and I was doing all I could to keep from dancing around myself. She did not want me to take her picture so I had to chase her around.




She took dance inside a room with the parents waiting outside so Christopher and I were peeking in like crazy and laughing because she wouldn't do anything. Well, she did a little bit, but my kids get  extremely shy when they try new things.



I tried to take photos through the little window in the door, but they didn't turn out so I had to crack the door, stick my arm in and try to focus that way. Yeah, you get what you get when you are the crazy mom.



Isn't that the cutest little bum you've ever seen? I love that little thing. Sophie too.


Now we are even more excited because our best friend Abby is going to start taking with us. She also thinks her cousin, Anne Morgan is going to come. Not sure why, but it would probably blow the cuteness scale if the three of them were in one room together. I heard there is a recital. I'm not sure I can handle that. I think I'm going to be in trouble. Please pray for the other parents because I have a feeling they will be a little annoyed with me. Oh well!

Next up, Christopher starts Taekwondo next week! We went to watch them last night and he LOVED it!!! He even got up and tried some tricks. He also tried on half of a uniform. This is HUGE people!!!! We may not be ready for serious sports teams yet, but that doesn't mean we won't play them next year. I have a feeling this class will do more for him at this age than anything else could. I'm beyond excited!!!

3 comments:

oh. my. goodness. PLEASE let me know when the recital is, we are there!

2:46 PM  

Puuuuurecious!

I can't wait for Lainey to start!

1:39 PM  

So so so adorable!! Bennett starts in three months and I can't wait.

On a side note- can I please have Sophie's curls? Please?

11:19 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.