You'll never guess where we are moving to?
I'll give you a hint...
That's right, nowhere!!!
We found out a couple days ago and I almost can't believe it myself. We had our hearts and minds set on going somewhere new (exciting was too big of a word because we knew we couldn't go anywhere people would be really jealous of.... yet!) and then we were side swiped with an offer that came totally out of the blue.
We gave the USAF our "wish list" in November and then December rolls around and Brandon was asked if he would like to stay on as faculty. We both were speechless and thankfully we had time (instead of the "one lap" he was jokingly told when he found out on a track at workouts) to talk about it and pray about it and we both felt that it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. We told them we'd take it and then we had to wait to find out if we were accepted.
When they called a few days ago to tell us, Dr. G jokingly told me that now we could go and buy that speed boat we'd been dreaming of. I laughed. I think Brandon actually thought about it for a minute. Now he's still trying to soak it all in (he was working nights and in a fog so I think he's still trying to wake up and realize what's happening), meanwhile I've started the "mad dash," as he calls it, to find a house. I'm not in a huge rush because we don't get our orders until April, but I don't want to move this summer if I can help it. Have you heard how hot it is here in the summer? And for some reason, Brandon and I always end up moving in the summer. Something to do with our schedule or school or something silly like that! I want to get our orders that we are officially staying and then have the house loaded up the next day. I know, not realistic, and I'm sorry if I sound like a brat, but I'm kind of over base housing. I'm not saying I'm not truly grateful, I am! We have more with our cinder blocks and re bar than most people do in the rest of the world, so I know I'm blessed, but I want to live in a happier house. Not one that was just spray painted to look a little better.
We are very excited because we have made some great friends and love our church very much, so leaving was going to be hard. (Besides, this winter- though warmer than last year's- has made me realize I may not survive in the snow after all!)
So, I'm off to go and clean the dirt while a sick child (bad cold, thankfully not what most people are dealing with) does whatever she wants. If you ever feel like visiting the Emerald Coast, let me know!!!
We are very happy you are staying:)
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
11:57 AM
Brittny, believe it or not, the hottest part of the day here in Turkey is about 15 degrees warmer than there! Now we have an advantage here of cooler mornings and evening (there can be a 20 degree swing) but the hottest part of the day here is like NOTHING I have ever felt in South Florida or Eglin! Good thing I am stork nesting June and July in Germany.
So excited for you guys! IT's nice to "know"
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
1:01 PM
Well, it's not San Diego, but I'm happy for you! I really am.....enjoy house hunting! One day we'll be neighbors. You're just on the wrong coast.
starnes family said...
1:18 PM
Congratulations, Brittny!! (P.S. - my 31 order was delivered today - I can't wait to get home and open the box!! - thanks again!)
Susan said...
4:54 PM
Wendi - No way I'd survive in Turkey if it's hotter! You know how much I hated the heat here!
Casey - one day, my friend, one day.
Susan - I'm so glad it arrived!!!! I hope you like all of it!!!
Brittny said...
5:21 PM
Brittny - I'm not happy with FedEx right now. My shipping confirmation said it arrived at 2:29 p.m. and was left at the front door. I've called FedEx twice and they 'have to check with the driver' - not sure what that means, but I expect a call today from them with an explanation of why they said they delivered it when they really didn't. I just know I'm going to LOVE my products - if/when I ever see them. Will keep you posted!!
Susan said...
7:16 AM
Susan - that's crazy!!!!! I do hope you get your stuff soon!!!
Brittny said...
8:15 AM