Randomness

I feel like I need to post something new, but honestly, it would bore all of you to tears if I told you what we've been up to. Or you would just say, "That's nothing! You should hear what we've been doing!" (I'm going to throw in random pics for more interest, don't worry!)


When the new year started I made a list of things that I wanted to become better at doing around the house. I don't like making resolutions, but I did want to become more organized with my housework. I wrote and rewrote and rewrote my weekly plan in order to stay on top of chores and told myself it was ok if I didn't get to that day's work. Let's just say that Sophie and I have been sick almost the entire month of January so I have never done every chore every day and this week I haven't done any of them!!! But we are finally (and hopefully) better and I plan to get on top of all of it soon.

(Sophie's new favorite thing to do is fix my hair.)

We have started dance and taekwondo . Sophie has only had two dance classes and loves it. She is of course the "class clown" and pretty much runs around doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing or just stands perfectly still staring at them like they are crazy. Monday afternoon, on the way home, she was so excited because they are going to dance to Cinderella next week and she learned how to do a "passe." She now shows everyone how it's done. And tells them she's now three. And that her daddy got a new truck. Better not tell her any secrets!


We were going to start t-ball this year and were very excited about it, until it came time to go in and sign up. He refused to get out of the car because he was so scared and I was too when I heard that it could take up 3-4 nights a week. He gets very nervous when it comes to trying new things in front of other people. I have heard wonderful things about what taekwondo can do for their self esteem and confidence. A good friend on mine's husband runs the ATA places in the area and she told us to come and let him watch, try a few classes and go from there.


So a couple of weeks ago I took the kids to watch the class he would join and he and Sophie LOVED it!! They even got up and tried to kick the board when class was over. We have been going back every Tuesday and Thursday since then and last night he actually won one of the games they were playing! It's the only thing he has not complained about going to and doesn't want to leave when class is over. So we usually end up watching the next class too. I think this is exactly what he needs right now and we can start sports next year. (I started to worry when I hear how young everyone else is when they are signed up for sports and that he will be behind, but he plays them at home and I think that if he can already hit a baseball over our house - not from a tee either -- then I should probably stop worrying.)

I have been doing a little house hunting myself. But we don't get orders until April and can't do anything until then, so I'm mostly just trying to learn what is out there, what area we'd like to live in, what we can afford (don't you hate those terms!) in the different areas and mostly, remember to pray about it all. I know and I trust that God will provide the right house for us when the time is right. It's not time for our dream house yet and I have to keep remembering that.


We are at school three days a week and extra activities three afternoons a week, hang out with friends on our days off, playing outside now that it's not as cold anymore and just enjoying life. See, I told you it was boring! I hope you at least enjoyed the photos! Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for Simms Goodwin to play with my hair. I try daily, actually, to get her interested-to no avail! I used to let my students play with my hair when I taught {I know..gross..but it felt SO good}.

1:35 PM  

Well I always love pics of yall!
And Christopher looks 15 in that pic with no short an arms crossed! Watch out ladies!

12:24 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.