This morning we had our 6 month checkup for little Miss Sophie. Brandon had made it for 8:00 in the morning, which I thought we'd be late for, but we were actually a little early. I couldn't wait to see what the doctor had to say about how big she was and I was curious myself. We go back and she is stripped down to her birthday suit and put on the scale. Here it comes.... a whopping 21 pounds and 1 ounce!!! (Remember, that is first thing in the morning and with only one bottle in her belly.) Then she's measured, 27 inches. I knew she was big, but come on! I know she's not the biggest baby in the world, but for a girl, she has some nice size to her. I am told that she falls into 90% for height, over 95% for weight and her head is still at 50%. I go home and look up to see what Christopher was at 6 months because I remember him being bigger too, but I just have a feeling Sophie has him beat. She does! By almost 2 whole pounds!!! She's 1/4 of an inch longer too. But I'm not worried. Christopher has really slimmed up and actually wears the same shorts he wore last summer and they fit him better now than they did then. So there you have it, my babies are big. But I love it! I think they are adorable!

6 months already? I can't believe it. And big is the new "in." :-) Love and miss you.
Lauren W said...
3:09 PM
wow, 21 pounds huh, crazy. But just think, Nicholas started out smaller than Christopher and now is much bigger, over 95% just like little Sophie. One can never tell. And like my pediatrician says, there are no "fat" babies. So, no worries, not like you were anyway.
The Khans said...
4:23 PM