Brandon had to work nights for two weeks and I knew there was no way I could keep the kids quiet or be gone long enough every day for him to sleep during the day so we loaded up the van and headed to my parents' house for a week. Christopher was so excited about going on a trip that as soon as Brandon walked through the door Tuesday morning he ran up to him shouting, "Grammie's house!!!!!!" in the little man voice me uses when he's very excited about something. He basically ran past Brandon, straight out the door and into the backseat of the van refusing to get out because he was ready to go now! I hurriedly go everything into the van and we took off. I was really hoping to make it to Montgomery without them waking up and then we could grab lunch, hit a store or two so Christopher could run around, but like it goes with kids, didn't happen. But that was fine. Except for the part where he was almost in tears that we hadn't arrived to our destination yet, so we had to start counting down the turns we had left to make to keep him happy. It worked. So here are photos of all the fun that was had while we were at the lake. We didn't get to go visit anyone else because our schedules never matched up and Sophie was getting over a virus so I hated to spread anything to anyone else. (Nothing serious but you never like to be the one to start something.) The kids always love to see their family and I do too! More photos to come, just can't get them to attach right now.
Aunt Jenny and Uncle Trey came by to pick up their dogs and Christopher got to build something with his architect uncle, which made him very excited. This is us later that night building our own tower. Not nearly as interesting, but he is only two.
Christopher found a little boys room decorated with diggers and he would sit out on the patio staring at it throughout the week. It was hilarious! He kept calling it, "MY room."
He does love to help clean. But we've mentioned this before. Vacuuming is one of his favorites.

0 comments:
Post a Comment