NO, it's not a baby! Or a puppy. I"m talking about the blog. I was looking at a blog my mom sent me and ended up on Etsy again. I am slow and in my own little bubble, so I didn't know what Etsy was until a couple months ago. I don't allow myself to go there b/c I know I will get completely lost and my child will be screaming for an hour waiting for me to get her out of the crib from her nap and I still will be drooling over all the wonderful things I can buy online. SO, I decided that I would only let myself play there a little here and there and then add links to my favorites on my blog. This is more for me b/c I'm terrible about finding something and then losing it just as fast b/c something comes up and I can't find it again. Now, if you want to save me some time and send me your favorites, that would be awesome too! I have this obsession, that I have yet to actually dive into, with pottery. I took 2 different classes in college and well, I was terrible. Ok, so the first thing my teacher said was it takes about 5 years to get really good and be able to throw something successfully everytime. I knew then and there that I didn't have a future as a potter. I don't have the patience to wait 5 years to be good at something, I'd rather appreciate someone else doing it. Also, my other classes were so time consuming and my pottery prof. didn't care if you showed up, just had your work completed for the last day, so I was usually working the last week of class and did the easiest thing I could think of. Now, I'm excited b/c there are TONS of antique, and other shops of the sort, around here that I'm dying to check out! I haven't been in any of them yet b/c I have 2 small children that I know will break something as we are walking down the aisle and I don't want to pay for some tacky figurine when I want to spend my money on something pretty and interesting. My goal is to go this summer. I know, I sound silly for dreaming about going into a store to leasurely shop without kids, wait a minute, no I don't! What mom doesn't dream about that?? Anyway, I KNOW that I will be able to do it this summer b/c I plan on having both kids enrolled in Mother's Day Out. Now THAT is really what I'm dreaming of! : )

0 comments:
Post a Comment