Week at Disney

Here are photos from our week at Disney with the in-laws. We had a fabulous time, the kids were wonderful (exhausted, but had fun), Brandon took his finals exams to officially become a doctor and we made it home safe and sound. The weather could not have been more perfect too. Mid-sixties and sunny. Could you ask for better weather? Except one day that was freezing!!!! It was 33 degrees when we left the house and never even got out of the 40s. I had on the following: tank top, long t, short t, fleece, wind breaker, puffy jacket, jeans, 2 pairs of socks, but we still saw people in shorts, go figure! So I'm just going to cut to the photos and explain there:


First day was at Magic Kingdom. First stop: Christopher wanted Mimi and Papa John to meet Mickey. We were informed last visit that this was an early thing to do to beat the crowd. This part of the park opens at 10, be there earlier. Just so you know, I don't have funny bangs, just hair hanging down.



Sophie wearing her new pink and white striped overalls. I had a blue pair when I was a kid (I call them train overalls b/c you think of train conductors wearing them.) and just couldn't pass them up in pink for her. Isn't she adorable????


Christopher and Mimi riding on the Dumbo ride. He would just giggle and wiggle with excitement everytime he got to ride something. He had a blast!! You couldn't help but laugh if you were lucky enough to ride with him.


Those crazy grandparents!! It was really fun having them with us. Brandon and I were able to go on "big people" rides (or take turns with the in-laws) b/c there was always someone to watch the kiddos.


Here we are on day two at Hollywood Studios. This was our favorite park. (We went there 2 days!) This is the only family photo we had taken. Of course it's in front of Light-ing Queen and Mater (as the little guy calls them).


Day three at Animal Kingdom. Christopher and grandparents on a ride. Can't remember which one. Sophie was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her. Glad I didn't b/c they didn't like the ride anyway.


Sophie and I trying to keep each other warm while riding on the trolley. We went to Magic Kingdom after Animal Kingdom in hopes to see fireworks and to let Christopher go on the Goofy ride, his absolute favorite b/c it's a kiddie roller coaster. (Gabi, recognize Sophie's jacket?) The little lady had on 2 outfits to stay warm. Diaper changing wasn't easy, but we did it.


Brandon and Christopher going on the Goofy ride. They let me ride with him first and stay on so Brandon could ride with him. Can you see the excitement in his face? He was practically jumping out of his seat b/c he got to go twice!


Here's Sophie all bundled up. This is how she looked all day. Minus the sweater. It was the only day she didn't mind staying in the stroller. She never tried to get out to crawl around. I wouldn't either! Just so you know, we didn't stay for fireworks. Too tired and freezing!


On day four I stayed home with the kids to relax while the grandparents had the day to go play at Epcot. We spent the morning out at the playground and on the basketball court walking around. After naps we went back out when Brandon got home and they had so much fun! We were going to go to Epcot, but decided to pass. Of course Christopher would find a nice water hold to dig in!


This walker got pushed all over the place. It was by far, the best thing I brought on the trip. If we weren't at a park, she was pushing it around. In the condo, on the sidewalk, at the basketball court. She actually walked so much and so fast that she wore a hole through the toe of her shoe. Thankfully I brought an old pair and since they are getting too small I didn't care. I'll try to post a photo of them later.


Our last day, back at Hollywood Studios. The first day we were there the Toy Story ride had "technical difficulties" when we finished, but since we were still sitting on the ride we got fast passes to come back and ride again another day. Sophie didn't care for the ride b/c she had to be strapped down, so Brandon and I took Christopher alone. Again, can you see the excitement in his face? The squinted eye gives it away. He was trying to pass the people in front of us to get there faster.


Brandon and I went to ride the Aerosmith ride together (take the single rider lane, SO much faster!!!) and when we caught up with the rest of the gang, this is how we found them. Sitting on the grandparents' shoulders while waiting in line for the Stunt Show and trying to peek over the wall. They didn't see anything. The show was really cool! Sophie would start yelling at the cars and clap for them when the stunts were over. I'm telling you, she's a little daredevil!


Not long after the Stunt Show the kiddos passed out! They were such troopers and so tired!


Sophie and I watching the parade/block party. It was a lot of fun! Can you tell we love Disney World? I was not ready to come home. As we were walking back to the van, we lost another wheel off the stroller. We lost one on our first trip to DW, but caught the second one as it rolled away. That same one rolled away again, but somone else caught it and ran us down. We now have 3 of the 6 back wheels off the stroller. I think it might be time to give it a break.

3 comments:

Love the pictures!! And I LOVE the overalls!! Christopher looks like he couldn't have had any more fun, I can't wait until we get to go one day! I'm sure I'll look back at these pictures all day at work. Can't wait to see all of you Sunday night!!!!

9:27 AM  

SO FUN!!! I love Disney too and your pictures are fabulous. I love the kids asleep in the stroller. So precious. And I was kind of wondering about those bangs.

9:32 AM  

So cute! I can't wait until Elijah Brooks is old enough to go to Disney World!

8:26 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.