Thirty something

I didn't think I'd post anything about my birthday b/c well, it sounds a little needy, but I had such a great birthday, thanks to some very special people, that I had to mention it. I wasn't really looking forward to Friday b/c mostly, my dear husband is in Peru for 2 weeks doing medical work and wouldn't be here to celebrate and I would be alone with the kids the whole day and I would be turning 31, making me officially in my 30s. BUT my parents came to the rescue. I'd asked my mom if she'd wanted to come down and hang out at some point during the two weeks and it worked out that this was the best week to come and my dad was able to take a long weekend and join us too. I've been able to sleep in and have lots of help, which has been wonderful! I woke up to the smell of cinnamon muffins baking (made with love by Christopher and Grammie) and the kids had huge smiles on their faces shouting "Happy Birthday!" when I walked in the kitchen. I got to use my new Chi flat iron (thanks honey!!!!) and get ready without a single child in my room or pulling on my leg in the bathroom while putting on makeup. We dropped Christopher off at Mother's Day Out and headed to Destin for some shopping. Grammie bought me some new clothes at the Banana Republic outlet store and with my b'day money I got some new shoes and makeup. We had lunch at Panera and Sophie fell asleep so I got to go in Michael's, by myself, to get some ribbon to make her some hair bows and B&N to get some new books (thank Maria!). We went to pick up Christopher and played in the back yard until Pop got back from his outing, had birthday cake and the kids took naps. The grownups all crashed on the couches reading and we were going to go out to dinner, but it was so cold I didn't want to leave, so we made pizza and watched Wall-E. It was as close to a perfect day as I could have asked for. If Brandon could have been there it would have been. But I did get to talk to him online for a while, so that was very nice. It has been a great week with the extra help and thankfully we have quite a few activities going on, so that will help since I'll be alone. Brandon gets home next Sunday and we can't wait to see him. God has definitely blessed my life with wonderful family and friends. Thanks man!

Sophie making herself laugh while enjoying the birthday muffins. She loves doing this! Making herself laugh AND eat.


Christopher loving some muffins too!


The kids and I about to dive into some birthday cake. They wouldn't come inside, so we took the cake out. Made it hard to light the candles b/c it was windy, but we managed.


Saturday Pop painted the bookcase he made Sophie and Christopher and I helped a little. C-man got bored quickly, which I figured he would, so he went to dig instead.


Pop taking a break to help C-man dig and Sophie cuddling up to him. They quickly became friends and it was adorable!!
Pop and Sophie playing trucks and reading the truck book she brought to him. She sounds like she's trying to say backhoe, which we all think is hilarious! Yesterday she had to take a paintbrush in the commissary while wearing her pink bracelets. Yup, she's all girl, but can definitely keep up with the boys! I love her for it!!
Grammie and Christopher reading books too.


Sophie put on Christopher's hat, with her barrette still on and tried putting cars in the back of Christopher's Mack the Truck. Who says you can't wear pink while digging on some trucks?

5 comments:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Brit. I am so glad that you had such a great day.

9:24 PM  

So glad you had a great birthday. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you, I had a crazy day and am never sure when a good time to call is!! Hope you got your card in time, when I picked it out I actually thought the kids might enjoy it more b/c of the pop-ups but couldn't find a good grown up one! Love you!! Hopefully we are going to get down there the last weekend in March, maybe we can squeeze in a quick visit!

8:56 AM  

Hi Aunt B!! I hope you got our little package we sent and the birthday message friday morning! I am SO GLAD your mom and dad could come and help. I know Brandon being out of town for 2 weeks is so tough!! But you are such a good momma. I also was laughing out loud reading your blog about being able to put on make-up with no kids tugging on your legs and being able to go into a store by yourself....Oh the thinkgs we take for granted!! That was AWESOME!
Miss y'all and love y'all too!

1:21 PM  

love the pictures!! looks like Pop enjoyed himself, I"m glad Sophie warmed up to him!

4:47 PM  

Backhoe??? Are you kidding me? You just made me laugh out loud! Of course this has nothing to do with your current blog post, but you know where I am coming from. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

5:36 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.