Trip #2

After only 3 days at home, the kids and I loaded up in the van and headed north this time. Our next door neighbor in Huntsville had her baby, on Sophie's birthday, and we went to go meet him. I know you hear me talk about my friends back in Huntsville a lot, ok maybe my new friends in FL hear about them more, but I loved these women dearly! It was very difficult for me to leave them behind and the ONLY thing that made it easier was knowing that 2 of us were moving away. I just had to go first. We spent the night at Aunt Jenny and Uncle Trey's house on Thursday night and Christopher was so excited he wouldn't go to bed that night. Friday we drove over to Auburn to pick up Kirsten, Ava and Patrick (the other neighbors who moved) and got to see their new house. It was fun to have people to ride with us and it gave us time to catch up on everything. We stayed at Kirsten's parents' house for the weekend and they were wonderful to let all of us crash there. Saturday was the big baby party! Gabriel was so cute!!!! His big sister (and Christopher's former partner in crime) had grown about 2 feet since we left! She was so tall and looked more like a little/big girl instead of the baby girl we'd left 8 months ago. It took only 15 minutes for everything to sink in for Christopher and he and the other kids were off and running around like old times. I was so glad to see everyone and hear how things had changed. After the party we all went back to the grandparents' house and crashed. That evening Kirsten and I were surprised with the offer to go have a girls' night out like we used to and we didn't hesitate one bit! After putting the kids to bed, we headed off with the other moms to really catch up. At midnight we realized it was time to head home, knowing the morning was going to come earlier than we'd like. Sunday we grabbed lunch and headed to the park to let the kids run around which lead to more great naps. Monday morning we loaded everyone back in the van and headed back to Auburn. Three of the four kids napped all the way to Birmingham, which we couldn't believe. After playing at Chick-fil-A, stopping in Auburn, stopping at Mimi and Papa John's house to pick up something, we finally arrived back at Aunt Jenny and Uncle Trey's house for the night. Grammie met us in the morning and we were back home by lunch time. It was so nice to be back. Well, I actually enjoyed traveling that much, but I could tell the kids were ready to be home again. It was just what I needed. I've missed those wonderful families so much and would have flown across the country to see them again, but is nice to be back. Hopefully we'll get to see them all again soon!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.