Ok, I did something I don't think has ever been done before in the history of the world. (Besides your dentist retiring and you don't find out until a year later b/c you hate going.) I put the couch in time out. I'm serious. They both want to sit on the same side of the love seat every time they sit down and I'm tired of hearing about it so this was my solution.
I'd had enough when they made me get out of the shower this evening b/c Sophie was screaming so bad I was sure that her arm was caught in something or there was blood involved. The only thing that kept me from panicking was that Christopher didn't coming running to get me to help her. At first I figured they were just fighting and I'm trying to let them duke it out between themselves more. The crying got louder so I stuck my head out and yelled to Christopher to tell me what was wrong. I couldn't understand him and the cries got louder so I grabbed a towel and went running into the den (a room surrounded by windows mind you) to find them fighting over who was going to sit on the right side of the couch.
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?
I told them to stop fighting and went back to shave the other leg. They were still fighting when I got out and so I gave them the following options: one of them moves to the other side of the couch or I was going to move the couch to where nobody could sit on it.
You guessed it, nobody moved. They just stared at me daring me to move a couch in just a towel with the whole neighborhood to see. They are both more stubborn than I thought b/c I got to 5, nobody moved so I pulled them off the couch and shoved the couch to the other side of the room. They were NOT happy about this, but I didn't care. They interrupted my shower.
Now, about an hour and half later they have teamed up and are racing down the hall and diving onto Christopher's PBK chair. Christopher is yelling, "Bring the heat girl! Bring it on down" before she runs down the hall and I am sitting on the couch looking like I've gone mad b/c I am clueless as to what is going through their little heads. They move into his room to play trains and getting along perfectly. Christopher comes to tell me that Sophie has pooped and asks her to come to me so I can change her. He even checks her diaper to make sure his nose was working correctly. He says sweet things to her while I'm changing her and now they are playing with stacking blocks and making houses and being very sweet to each other.
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!
Thank you God for giving me a great ending to what has been a crazy day!

And that is why I love you!
Lauren W said...
9:21 PM
I like this tactic and will be stealing it! Well done.
starnes family said...
12:36 PM