VBS, day 5

I woke up to find that Brick had gone to the bathroom on the floor, but it had been hours so it dried. Pulled out the cleaner and got it all up. Or at least enough for the moment. (I'm planning to rent the carpet cleaner from self-help one day while the kids are at school and do the whole living area. It's gross.)

Got myself and the kids dressed, couldn't find my flip flops, so had to change clothes b/c tennis shoes just don't work with a dress. No matter how casual the dress is.

Got everyone rushed out the door and went to pick up William. Rushed through Burger King b/c I didn't have time for breakfast thanks to the dog and the lack of shoes to be found in the house. Kids start asking why they didn't get anything and I did. (I'd already bought them breakfast once this week and nobody ate it.)

Brandon calls to see if I can bring him lunch after VBS b/c the cafeteria was closed today. Couldn't hear why, but knew I'd want lunch to if I were him so I agreed. Called my mom to see if she would be up for driving to D.C. with the kids and I next month b/c I found out the other day it will cost us around $1000 to fly there. I figured we could stop and see family on the way. Middle of our conversation my phone dies. I had 2 bars left. This happens WAY too often. (Now I just want a new phone.)

Arrive at the church and can't find Sophie's backpack anywhere. Can't find a single diaper anywhere either. At least I had a snack and a drink. Get the kids dropped off.

Go to all the rooms to do our last craft of the week and before we know it we are done! I had amazing people to work with and if we weren't going to be moving at this time next year I'd do it again in a heart beat. (Big compliment this week: someone asked me if I was a teacher b/c she thought I was doing a good job. It made my week!!)

Load up all the left over crafts and drop them off where they need to go and head to pick up the kids. I get Sophie and am relieved to find out she was nice today. (Yesterday I found out in a really nice way that our little attitude had come out. Great.) We go to get the boys from their rooms and then discover that I don't have my purse with the cards I need to pick them up. It is locked in the closet I'd been using all week and it's upstairs. We go up there. It's locked. We go back down and finally find someone that can help me. We go back up. Get my purse and go back down. I get the boys and we finally make it out to the car.

I drive through Burger King (again) and get lunch for Brandon. I run home and call him to tell him I'm on my way with food and my cell phone died so I'm calling from the house. He tells me, "Don't worry about it. I found something to snack on." I growl. (Yes, I actually growled.) He asks me what's wrong and I told him that I had his lunch in the car and I was bringing it to him. He missed that part of the sentence. He was glad he misunderstood me b/c he was still hungry. I told him I'd be there in 5 minutes. We drop his food off and I feel relief just seeing him. We discuss the yard sale I've been planning to have tomorrow and he talks me into putting it off until a later date. I'm glad b/c all I have done to prepare is make a list of the items in the house I want to sell. Nothing has been labeled, pulled out of hiding, no signs posted and no cash to make change with.

I love my husband.

We are home and I'm about to put Sophie down for a nap, give Christopher the iPod to play with and then crash on the couch with lunch and watch some more episodes of The Good Guys. (I found it yesterday and liked it. You should check it out if you are looking for a summer show to watch.) I'm a little sad that I won't be able to get rid of all the stuff I was hoping to never see again, but instead I think I'll take my little coupon to Joann's and get some more fabric so I can finally sew a project I've been trying to get to for a while now.

Now, if I can just get the kids to behave while I'm in there. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Hang in there, Brittny and remember that great compliment you got!

9:40 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.