Christopher was just singing I've Been Working on the Railroad. I didn't know he knew it. If you have ever heard him sing it's really funny b/c he does it in the funniest southern accent you have ever heard. He never sings when you ask him to, only when he thinks everyone is ignoring him. It was one of the funniest things I've witnessed in a while!
Our MOPS group was hving a playdate at the beach today. We were a little late b/c I had to go to a meeting, but we finally made it. To say it was hot was an understatement. And the water was filled with seaweed. It was fun considering it was the first time I had ever gone to the beach alone with the kids. Sophie always wants to be carried when we go so that's why I've never tried this before today. But I knew that it wasn't going to be much of a crowd so I thought I would go and be supportive. Overall we had a great time, except Sophie wanted to swim all by herself with no life jacket and was yelling at me to let her go. I didn't bring the jackets b/c I didn't think I would need it. Bad move. I think she needs swimming lessons and I hope it's not too late to sign her up. Christopher could use another round considering he wasn't quite two the last time he had them. The worst part was when we decided to leave and had to haul everything back to the car. That included 2 kids, 1 cooler, 2 big metal trucks that just HAD to come with us, and 1 beach bag. Then we had to strip down at the car and put the kids' clothes back on. (No place to rinse the sand or seaweed off either) and it was sweltering!!!! My sweat had sweat thanks to the numerous cars that stopped to wait for my parking spot. They each gave up on me. I wanted to give up on me too at that point. Don't think we'll be going back without Brandon again. I prefer the pool anyway.
Last, and most exciting, our best friends the Khans, had baby #3 this morning. That makes 3 boys for this sweet family, but Christopher says 4 boys b/c he counts Burt too. He is precious and I cannot wait to get my hands on him! We were hoping she'd have the baby by the weekend b/c we were going to be in Montgomery to pick Brandon up in Birmingham on Saturday, but thankfully he got his flight switched so he will be flying here instead. It was going to make for a very long weekend of driving for us, and I'm sad b/c we have to wait to meet the little guy, but thankful the kids and I won't be driving all weekend.
This is the first time that we will not have a baby with them. Brandon and Burt became friends first, then Melissa came along and finally I married into the relationship. Everyone always talks about having babies together with your friends, but we never did. Just kind of happened. Then it became a joke. We had our first kids, both had boys, less than 5 weeks apart. Then we had our second kids, a boy and a girl, 18 days apart. It's going to be new for all of us to only have 1 baby
when we get together. I think 6 kids at once would put us over the edge. We thank God that he brought our families together and look forward to watching the kids grow up together. Congratulations Burt, Melissa, Nicholas and Joshua!

I decided it would be way to hot at 10 and knew there was no water access so I decided I couldn't go and support that:( Too stressful! Glad Brandon will be home soon.
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
7:00 PM
yeah, if i'd known about the seaweed and no where to rinse off i would have passed too.
Brittny said...
7:56 PM