Sophie's first haircut

Yup. I did it. (Breathe, Caroline!!!) But don't panic, I only trimmed it. And if I'm going to be honest, I did it about 3 weeks ago. I was waiting to see if Brandon noticed before I posted anything on here. Her hair was just becoming a mess and it wasn't a pretty mess either. If you pulled it down it would go halfway down her back, let go and it springs up into tight curls that were not fun to try to comb out.

So, we set up shop on my parents' driveway, plopped Sophie on a stool so she couldn't move and gave her some Oreos to make sure she sat still. I cut maybe an inch off the bottom and then layered the back a little. It was amazing how much the curl came back after doing that. I have no regrets. And I apologize to anyone who disapproves of cutting curly hair on children. I am vain when it comes to how they look sometimes. I will admit it. Here are the photos to document it:

(photos are untouched, it's really that green there. i fall in love every time.
in case you haven't noticed, i love green!!!)





the final product. she's so cute!!!

4 comments:

love it!

7:17 PM  

Super cute! You did a great job!

8:35 AM  

That's awesome!! I wouldn't do it myself because I know I would accidentally whack off most of her hair. You did a great job and it looks fabulous.

10:22 AM  

I only cut her hair b/c it's curly and I knew it wouldn't show what a horrible job I actually did. If her hair was straight I wouldn't have even touched it!

2:25 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.