Look what Brandon bought me the other night:

My dad bought me a mac desktop when I was in college, but after 10+ years (do the math and add a few more years because I wasn't a freshman - or a sophamore - when I got it) and it died last year. Like really died. Won't even turn on anymore died. So, if Brandon ever has to leave town, which isn't that often, but when he does it's for long periods of time. Which means I have to deal with emails on my phone. Which is extremely convenient, but anything more than a quick response gets old after 3 weeks.

AND since we don't have cable we use our computer to watch tv. Unless it's Netflix, then we use the Wii. (Are you totally bored yet?) But I convinced my sweet husband that if he was going to be leaving us for a year then I needed something more than an ipad. He went to pick up meat for burgers for supper and brought this home. He hinted that he might pick this up and when he unloaded all the groceries I had two minutes to find it in the truck. He hid it VERY well because I finally found it with about 20 seconds to spare. I want to sleep with it and I'm afraid of what I will do to the children if they touch it. Christopher did and thankfully my parents were in the room because he may have lost that finger if they weren't. I want to sleep with it, but something about things that electronics supposedly do to our bodies over periods of time is the only things keeping me from actually going through with that. And I'm afraid I'll knock it on the floor. Or crush it.

Anyway, we've already used it to video chat and I've looked up lots of useless things on it and I just had to share my exciting news with all of you. I would definitely say this is waaaaaay more exciting than buying a house! And since we don't have to buy one any time soon, I'm thrilled!

2 comments:

After building and buying a house, I feel oddly comfortable renting one now. :)

9:24 PM  

Jealous of the laptop! NOT jealous that you have to be without him for a year. :( I'm so sorry to hear of that. I will continue to pray for him and YOU, and of course the children. You are very brave!

10:01 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.