Hello everyone! I was just going through my blog list to see who had updated their blog and well, we all know how lost you can get in "blog-land" by doing that! Well, Tatertots and Jello had a guest blogger on their site, thought her idea was cute and so I went to her site. (It was a sewing craft and I'm ready to drive to the store to buy fabric so I can make it..... right now!)
Anyway, I clicked on her site to see what other ideas she had and she is started a fun new idea for each month. It's a new craft that she will post on the beginning of each month, you have a month to make it and can use any color, fabric, flower, whatever you want to make it! No commitment, just a new idea if you feel like going along with it. Of course that got me all excited and so I had to share it with those of you who I thought might find this fun too! I'm sure I won't get around to doing all of them, but knowing I have a month for an entire project helps! (Unlike the online sewing class I signed up for last year. It was 24 projects in 24 weeks. BUT you have full access for an entire year. The class was over and I'd only made the first project.... napkins. But I'm planning on printing out the sewing lessons I like so that I can still get around to them.) Click HERE for the link.
Moving on...
We had a fun weekend here at our house. The kids and I returned from spring break on Friday afternoon and it was so great to see Brandon again. We may be a strange couple in that we enjoy our time apart (do your own thing without feeling guilty), but never like for it to be longer than 2-3 days. I think that 6 was more than enough! Unfortunately he had to work on Saturday, so the kids and I make plans with a great friend of mine and her kids. Then, we found out that morning that Construction Junction was going on that day and we were freaking out! I know, moms of boys. If you don't have one, you won't ever understand. We met there and the other friends we told about the event came too, had a bit of fun then headed to a nearby park (that is the most awesome park in our area) with lunch and let them play even longer. We stopped to see Brandon on our way home and then went back to the house to play some more.
By this time, Sophie's runny nose and bit of a cough were really starting to bother her and she just had "that look" a child gets when they don't feel good. I was supposed to work at our church that night in the children's building during the Saturday night service, but had to cancel. (I'm hoping that it being the end of our spring break meant it was a small crowd only because I had to back out so late!) We made homemade pizzas and celebrated Brandon finishing his last inpatient rotation AND his last weekend for being on call. THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE!!!!!!
Today, Sophie and I stayed home from church and went to the BX and the Commissary instead. (She's sick, but not so sick she can't leave the house.) It felt good to finally get out to buy groceries. Never thought I'd say that! Then after lunch the van/truck got baths, the kids played in the water in their clothes, we had rest time (which still involves me dealing with the kids every 15-20 minutes, but I'm hoping that improves over time), then went on a family bike ride. Then more playing in the back yard, sweeping the back patio and dinner outside. Plus, Brandon and I got to finish a movie we started during rest time! Overall, a great weekend! Hope yours was too!!

Love the crafty blog! Thanks for the link, my friend. I'm glad you guys had such a good weekend.
lauren said...
10:43 PM