Sorry about day 3. We went into town and I didn't have a camera. We caught up with Mimi and got lunch. I was just about to pick up the phone to call and see if she and Papa John wanted me to grab lunch for them when she pulled up next to me. So we just went and ate together. Then we went back to their house so they could watch Sophie while Christopher and I went for his "interview" for kindergarten. (Private school, that's why you have to meet with them first. Going ahead and answering any questions about that.) We went with our friend Melissa and her boys and oh how I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall while Christopher and Nicholas were being asked questions! I heard a few of the stories tonight and it was cute! I think Christopher is going to adjust much better than I thought he would. Of course to a very small school will help. I think he would totally freak out if he went to a bigger school and I would be crying in the car refusing to go home and leave him. Sidetracked, sorry. After we were done we went back to hang out with Sophie, Mimi and Papa John. We played outside, the kids started melting, they were starving and exhausted so we ate a quick dinner and hit the road. So, it's probably a good thing I don't have photos.
When we got back, Aunt Jenny and Anne Morgan were at the house. The kids were so excited to see each other. I'm looking forward to the cousins getting to know each other more over this next year. The only girl cousins I have are on the same side of the family and we all lived very far away from each other, so we were not able to have that really close bond that I wish I could have had with a cousin. The other side of the family was all boys. So, I have a feeling Jennifer and I are probably going to do whatever it takes to get Sophie and AM together as much as we can! (Side note: AM found out this week she is going to have a little brother, so she and Sophie need to stick together even more!)
They spent the night and hung out at the house all day today. It was cute watching the three of them interact. They will be seeing a whole lot of each other over the next year and I know my kids won't be complaining about that! They ADORE Anne Morgan!!! They love all their cousins, but I think because she is younger than them has something to do with it. Christopher loves babies/younger kids and Sophie enjoys having a girl to play with and these two are a lot alike so they are going to be hilarious together! Enough talking, here are the photos:
It's bedtime...
I mean dance to American Idol time!!
(Look at how Christopher's legs are in the air and Sophie looks like she's a head banger.)
Turned into playing the piano time.
The next morning, the kids wanted to help Grammie make pancakes...
Christopher got an orange one...
Sophie got a pinkalicious one...
Pop showed Christopher how to turn a pancake into a beard.
After lunch at a Mexican restaurant nearby, Christopher and Pop ran to the shop to make a tunnel for his new train track. (Later that afternoon Christopher told Pop, "I think we should take EVERYTHING out of your shop and turn it into a train house."
Sophie looking beautiful in a bow. Thanks to Anne Morgan, I think we might start wearing bows and that makes me VERY happy!! They don't have to be big, just keep her hair out of her face like she likes it. Oh, and I have to add that the ONLY way I could get her to even look at me and smile was to say, "Sophie, look at the big booger hanging out of my nose!" She flipped that head around so fast with a huge smile, only to be disappointed after I clicked this pic.
Christopher loving his new train AND his new tunnel.
Sophie decided to become a tunnel herself and held this position for at least a minute. Maybe more. You try it and then you will be impressed. She is freakishly strong people!
Christopher and Pop went to work on the fort some more...
He was so focused! He loves to work and build and figure things out. He's a mini-Pop when it comes to this stuff.
Brick, in doggy heaven, people. He never bothered us at night because he was so tired from swimming after balls in the lake. It usually takes him about 2-3 days to get used to the "no-house" rules here, but not this trip!
Later this afternoon, Grammie decided to try to teach the kids how to play ping pong. No table, but they didn't care. Here they were showing me their game faces. Are you scared?
We have had a great time in AL for spring break and will be heading home tomorrow. We can't wait to see Daddy again.
Love the picture of Sophie in a bow! I know this week was a whirlwind. Look us up next time you are in town if you have some "free time". Would love to see you.
Erin said...
11:04 PM
Your little beauties are just that - beautiful.
Train tunnel! Awesome.
starnes family said...
10:36 AM
You got some great pictures! We had so much fun, can't wait to see you again. (you need to frame that picture of Brick!)
The Howell's said...
12:57 PM
Goodness Sophie is just beautiful!
Margaret said...
4:01 PM
Sophie is precious in that bow. The curls look great. Can't wait to visit the lake this summer with that awesome fort. the boys are going to love that. (Like how I invite myself).
The Khans said...
8:27 PM
Hahahaha!!! Melissa, you know you and the boys are welcome!!
Brittny said...
8:51 AM
okay, a bow belongs on that girls gorgeous head of locks!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to cry it was so cute! And how cool is the fort???!!!!!
Caroline Armstrong said...
8:23 AM