We took the kids to Disney World for our first family vacation and here are just a few photos from the trip:

This pretty much sums up just how excited Christopher was to meet Mickey. He screamed, "MICKEY!!!!!!!!!!" as soon as the door was opened and he could see him. It was all he wanted to do as soon as we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Brandon and I were laughing so hard b/c we thought he'd become really shy (like he does when meeting anyone he doesn't know), but I guess all that time spent watching tv was a good thing. He gave big hugs and told Mr. and Mrs. that he loved them. It was adorable!

Here the kids are holding hands. Sophie is only 8 months old, but she already understands love. She kept reaching for her brother's hand when they were riding around the parks and he had no problem showing that he loves his little sis! It was so cute!!!

We headed straight the the back of the park where the kids rides were and the first thing you see is the carosel, Christopher couldn't wait to go for a spin and wanted the whole family to join him.

Sophie LOVED going up and down on her horse! I was getting dizzy, so we sat on the seat for the next ride. (I think I'm starting to reach the point where you feel your age, I'm not completely there, but it's definitely begun!)
This was Christopher's first ride. Up until now he's only been on a carosel or one of those trains at the grocery store. We were glad that Dumbo was such a hit!

This was later the same day. We would go home for naps and then head back to the park when the kids woke up. Here's Sophie on her first ride. It was a rocket ship that you had to take an elevator up just to get to! Our little girl has very few fears. (Shout out to Wes Ficken who I saw while waiting in line for this ride. I just knew I'd see someone I knew while we were there!)

You gotta take a family photo in front of the castle. By now the kids are starting to feel the excitement. They are getting a little tired, but we keep going.

This is Christopher on his SECOND roller coaster ride. The first one was with me, but we were finished before Brandon realized we'd even gotten on the ride. I was worried he'd get scared, but as soon as it was over he said, "Again Mommy!!!" Guess he's not as scared of things as he lets us think he is!

Later we saw Tigger and Christopher (along with some other kids) started to chase him. He was headed for a break and had to practically run from the kids, it was funny!

Sophie taking her morning nap. She was such a trooper!!! She's very particular about her sleeping locations, so we were worried, but she did amazing on the trip.

Getting some Daddy time while Christopher is off on a ride with Mommy.

Me and my little man hanging out at Disney. We had so much fun!!!! The kids barely even fussed the whole trip. I couldn't believe just how well they did. I remember Sophie crying once b/c she was with Brandon and I had her bottle and it was dinner time. That was it!
Here we are at Animal Kingdom waiting to see the Nemo musical. It was our second day and it was very humid! We didn't last long after this was over, but it was definitely worth seeing!

Here's Nemo and Marlin. We were sitting along the middle where they would run up and down. We could practically touch him, but we didn't.

Sophie had fun playing on the full length mirror. I think she'd like being a twin. We're glad she isn't. Although my arms would definitely be toned if she was!

The kids loved the kiddie pool at our hotel. It was just this big round pool that was sloped so Sophie could crawl in as far as she'd like and I didn't have to worry about it being too deep for her. Christopher loved running across the pool and doing belly flops in the middle of it.
Here's our bathing beauty crawling around and strutting her stuff. She was quite a hit!
Christopher was so tired by the last day. We went to Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM) and went to see the Disny Playhouse show. It was great!!!! He was too tired to sit up while we were waiting though.
While I went to get Christopher some milk Brandon started talking to a girl who worked there and asked where we could find Mater and Lightning Queen, Christopher's favorite. She took us straight there and we couldn't get him to leave. Ended up having to buy him a toy just so we could get away from there. Yes, we caved.
Sophie eating her first french fry. She loved it!!!

Finally, Christopher lined up his new toys and asked Brandon to take a photo of them. It was all his idea! He's pretty smart!!!!
We had a wonderful time and if you are wondering if it's a good idea to take a baby and a 2 year old there, our answer is yes and no. Yes, they LOVE it!!!!! And you will too. No, they are still too young for some things, but that's what next time is for! So, go for it! You can always go back another year!
YAY! It looks like you had so much fun, I'm so jealous!! Glad to see the pictures, I've been waiting all week! Hope to see all of you soon!
The Howell's said...
10:36 PM
How fun!! I feel like I was on your trip with you. And so thanks to you I am now on the Disney website trying to figure out which month they have the free dining plan. I think it's Spetember. wanna go back?
Lauren W said...
10:57 PM