Christopher has been singing his ABCD's (as he calls them) and he does pretty good considering we haven't taught him how it goes. (We've tried, he just doesn't want to hear it from us.) When he gets really fussy durig the day I have him go lie on his bed and I turn on a cd that Grammie gave him and it sings the ABC's using Bible words to go with the letters. Well, it's working b/c he's singing it. Here's how it tends to go, "A, B, C... H, I... L, M, N, O... Q, R, S... W, X, Y, Z. Now I know my ABC's, next time, sing with me." Pretty good, huh? After singing it a few times Brandon tells him how great he did and to sing after him to help him learn the rest of the song. They get to the "L, M, N, O, P" part and Christopher sings it like this, "L, M, N, O, poopie." He goes back to singing it his way and when he gets to the end he sings, "Next time, see you later!"

Nicholas is now singing the ABC's too. Practically every toy we have sings it and I sing it with him too. Tonight I heard him singing along with some other toy and quietly singing Jesus Loves Me. I love it! So much fun to hear them isn't it. Have you tried the clean up song yet??? It kind of works with Nicholas. It is cute when he sings it.
The Khans said...
10:07 PM
Yeah, we've been singing that one. Christopher just doesn't want to learn letters or numbers from us, so we have to find other ways to teach him. Like you said, thank goodness for toys! He tried singing the "Wheels on the bus" once and we figured it out right as he finished. He hides when he sings, he's shy I guess.
Brittny said...
8:42 AM