Sophie has decided that this week she doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. Sunday night I was just complaining about how much I dislike potty training. She did great on Monday, no accidents, and even napped in her big girl underwear. Tuesday she had Mom's day out and didn't want a diaper. Had one accident while there. Wednesday she was with me and I think was getting more comfortable with it and had a couple accidents, including one in her carseat. No fun for me, but am still proud of her. I think we might be done with diapers very soon!
Now, on the other hand, I went to pick her up from mom's day out and got some very bad news. She was not good today. She was very, very bad today. So bad that her teacher told her that she was going to have to tell her mommy. The teacher still didn't look happy when she was talking about it. I have been waiting for a day like this. I knew it would happen. Today was the day. Even Brandon wasn't surprised. Our little girl has attitude. Lots of it.
So, it's been a great and a bad week/day for us/her. She went straight to bed when she got home. What do you do? She was up very early yesterday and barely napped, so I'm not surprised she wasn't her fun little self.
But I had a great day. I got to spend the day with Tiffany in Destin. We went to Destin Commons to get me some new flip flops (need some with some actual support and no longer for cuteness). It started pouring while we were there. We went to Target to grab a few things. Went to have lunch at McAlister's Deli. It was P O U R I N G outside the whole time. But it was a great way for me to spend my time without the kids. We have done this numerous times together over the last two years and it was a great way to end our time together. Our families had dinner together last night and will tonight (love friends close enough to make these plans at 6:00 at night) and will have a big meal together the night before they leave. Gotta go out right, huh?
Hope you are having a good week wherever you are and have a great and safe Fourth of July too!

0 comments:
Post a Comment